Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Fanta Bottle from 1943

Article about: Hello folks. Another recent purchase. These are surprisingly hard to find, and when they do pop up they're often listed at ludicrous prices. Everyone has heard of Fanta, but not many people

Look at bottoms of these two Fanta bottles. First with "41" mark, second wih "1941" mark. Why is that ? Other years also had different branding , or only this year ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fanta Bottle from 1943  
    Attached Images Attached Images Fanta Bottle from 1943 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fanta Bottle from 1943
    P
    Many

I've gone back to the drawing board on this one. It's possible it's a manufacturer difference. Fanta was occupied in some of the occupied countries (I've seen one wartime bottle manufactured in the Netherlands), and even then there may have been minor differences between factories within Germany. As with a lot of things like this, there may not have been an official reason for it at all.

B.B.

But with the inscription "1941" is less common than with the inscription "41". Right ?

One more type of Fanta bottle from East Prussia.

Specified volume is 0.25 liters. Under this inscription is a small figure "1". There is nothing else. The inscriptions are very illegible and poorly printed.

Is it possible that this is a bottle of the period 44 - 45 ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fanta Bottle from 1943   Fanta Bottle from 1943  

?

Hi,

I'm surprised no one has said FANTAstic thread, so I'm getting in on it.
    I really like those bottles.
    I knew of the story. Similar to Hugo Boss origins.
    Then ypu have ADIDAS and Puma.
    I have some WWII coke bottles I fished put of the ocean in Vanuatu.
    Also got some NZ beer bottles made during war time. Unsure if they are as interesting as German Fanta bottles.

Are there any posters of German military personnel enjoying Fanta? Like you see with coke?
    I would like a bottle for my collection, however like you say, they are hard to come by.

Cheers,

Danger

Quote by Danger View Post
    Hi,

I'm surprised no one has said FANTAstic thread, so I'm getting in on it.
    I really like those bottles.
    I knew of the story. Similar to Hugo Boss origins.
    Then ypu have ADIDAS and Puma.
    I have some WWII coke bottles I fished put of the ocean in Vanuatu.
    Also got some NZ beer bottles made during war time. Unsure if they are as interesting as German Fanta bottles.

Are there any posters of German military personnel enjoying Fanta? Like you see with coke?
    I would like a bottle for my collection, however like you say, they are hard to come by.

Cheers,

Danger
    Thank you for your comment. It's always a nice surprise when old threads pop up again!

I'd love to see those bottles of yours. Maybe we should start a thread for wartime bottles of all sorts? There must be plenty of different ones out there. I don't think I've ever seen photos of German soldiers drinking Fanta. Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen any photos of Fanta being consumed at all, only period advertisements. I think it was more of a 'Home Front' thing anyway, used more as a substitute in cooking than as a soft drink. If anyone does have photos of that nature, I'd be interested to see them.

B.B.

What more can be said?

Fanta Bottle from 1943

Ein volk, Ein reich, Ein Fanta!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3