MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Desk Eagle

Article about: Hi All, Bought this eagle a few years ago because i liked the fine details and the Iron Cross intrigued me, the seller told me they found it in an old monastery where Germans had their headq

Default German Desk Eagle

Hi All,

Bought this eagle a few years ago because i liked the fine details and the Iron Cross intrigued me, the seller told me they found it in an old monastery where Germans had their headquarters in ww2.

It is heavy, no markings and it ain't bronze. The quality of this piece is so good i need some expert in these statue's opinion. I only paid 130 euro which is pretty cheap i believe for a high quality piece like this.

I am mainly a WW1 collector, so that Iron cross intrigued me, i heard stories why some of these eagles have Iron crosses because some older Officers that were in ww1 that got them didn't like AH to much and changed the swastika to an Iron Cross..?

Now can someone tell me about this eagle, was i bamboozled and are all the stories made up..and did i get ripped off. Its pretty hard to find info on these desk eagles. Thanks

German Desk Eagle German Desk Eagle German Desk Eagle German Desk Eagle German Desk Eagle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Desk Eagle
    P
    Many

?

Well the quality looks good. It does not look like it was made in Pakistan recently. As far as the story goes...

A Third Reich eagle with an Imperial EK doesn't make sense to me and I have never seen another. That said, I wouldn't want in my collection.

Very soft casting marks all over, and Imperial with TR. Not for me....
    Morris

CBH
    ?

A denazified fake desk eagle, maybe something for the German market where the swastika is frowned upon.

Excellent point by Erich. A cast may have been taken off a TR eagle. But this is not good quality casting and the introduction of the WW1 era EK makes no sense.

So with out a doubt this is a copy. So my last question would be, is this eagle made from an original cast?

?

What metal is this eagle made of? As I understand it, this is the 2nd Reich. What is the size of this eagle?

Its a white metal and its heavy, so i'm practically sure its cast Iron. The complete size from bottom to top is 17 cm (6.7") 2nd Reich? no, Third Reich

Dos
    ?

Quote by MigMig View Post
    As I understand it, this is the 2nd Reich.
    What does this even mean?

---------------------------------

I agree with Erich S that this combination is not something you want to see..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast