MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German Desk Eagle

Article about: Hi All, Bought this eagle a few years ago because i liked the fine details and the Iron Cross intrigued me, the seller told me they found it in an old monastery where Germans had their headq

?

2nd Reich refers to the German Empire after unification. 1st. Holy Roman Empire and the 3rd one we all know

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Desk Eagle
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Dos View Post
    What does this even mean?

---------------------------------

I agree with Erich S that this combination is not something you want to see..
    The time before the 3rd Reich was called the Second Reich when Bismarck unified Germany. That is, the period before Hitler. If there was the 3rd Reich, then there was the first and the second

?

My opinion. This eagle with the EK period before the 3rd Reich without Swastika . It is logical that the most popular eagle, is a eagle with the swastika. If the crooks were doing such a big job, it would be more profitable to put the Swastika than the Imperial EK. The swastika is always more expensive. I would take this eagle for the original. This is not mass production, we will not find originals or fakes. I think this is a gift from relatives to the officer Who ordered one copy only. There is no inscription about congratulations on a birthday, for example. Apparently in honor of the iron cross.

Vik

Dos
    ?

Of course.. but in correct terms, these were called the Holy Roman Empire and Imperial Germany / Kaiserreich. I have never seen or read any of this in period documents or catalogs mentioning first / second Reich. It sounds a bit silly.. if you ask me.

I think the story is just that, a story. It lacks any definition of an original TR eagle, but I don't dislike it. I think you paid a reasonable price for a post '45 Imperial/TR Eagle.

IMO, this style of eagle was not used before the TR period.
    You will see a different style of eagle on anything pertaining to the Imperial era.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

All of the above replies are correct, it's fantasy piece. For the record, it is not cast iron. A white metal is an alloy that may include , tin, lead, cadmium, bismuth, and zinc, and has a low melting point that makes it ideal for casting. Dwight

Thanks for all the info guys, very much appreciated

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2