Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

German wedding helmet, not sure where I'm supposed to post this

Article about: not an easy thing to come by so i thought you guys would like it

?

Default German wedding helmet, not sure where I'm supposed to post this

German wedding helmet, not sure where I'm supposed to post thisGerman wedding helmet, not sure where I'm supposed to post thisGerman wedding helmet, not sure where I'm supposed to post thisGerman wedding helmet, not sure where I'm supposed to post thisGerman wedding helmet, not sure where I'm supposed to post this
    not an easy thing to come by so i thought you guys would like it

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German wedding helmet, not sure where I'm supposed to post this
    P
    Many

Hi Josh...could you explain to the community what a Wedding Helmet is...as I admit..I dont know myself.

The thread is fine for this forum.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

From a 2013 post by DougB
    "These weren't wedding presents guys. They were used to substitute for the soldier being present at his own wedding. The bride would place her hand on the miniature helmet and take the marriage vows in his absence. As so many young men were at the front fighting and couldn't get leave this was a way the government recognized the vows as official."

The OP's example looks authentic.

The information from Jim and posted above by Anderson, is my understanding of these little symbolic helmets as well. I know that Nick aka “Houndstooth” has a small collection of these and may have some more information.

Looks good to me too.

There is a good thread here:

German Wedding Helmet

This is where most people post up their finds. They are indeed quite hard to find, i'm always on the look out for them in reasonable condition.
    It seems the paint is quite delicate and a lot of them have suffered badly over the years.
    I'd love an SS wedding helmet, but expect the price would be ridiculous these days.

nick

?

keep an eye out is all i can say, i bought it from E medals and they didn't know what they were selling. they had it on there as a "decorative item" and sold it for only about 120usd.