Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Great bronze eagle, opinions and information

Article about: Hello, I wanted to ask you more information about this eagle. I found an image and it looks like it's on a boat from the kriegsmarine. Does anyone have information about some type of eagles?

?

For those interested, Ratisbon's sold a very similar (same?) eagle as this at their recent USA auction. That one measured 140 x 64 cm, weighed 7 kg, for comparison. It was listed as a 'bow eagle for express locomotives'. Price is now removed but I believe it sold for a six-figure sum.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Great bronze eagle, opinions and information
    P
    Many

Quote by Fiore View Post
    For those interested, Ratisbon's sold a very similar (same?) eagle as this at their recent USA auction. That one measured 140 x 64 cm, weighed 7 kg, for comparison. It was listed as a 'bow eagle for express locomotives'. Price is now removed but I believe it sold for a six-figure sum.
    Here it is and i guess it sold for the asking price i think

Hermann Historica had one in April too which I think was withdrawn from their sale. It disappeared from my watch list and wasn’t on their catalogue when I looked for it again. They said it had been denazified and the swastika was post war. It had a much lower staring price (€1000 if I’m not mistaken). The wreath doesn’t look as detailed as the one Ratisbon’s sold, so maybe it was a reproduction and they withdrew it.
    Either way I absolutely love these eagles, but $100,000 is a lot for one!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Great bronze eagle, opinions and information   Great bronze eagle, opinions and information  

Great bronze eagle, opinions and information   Great bronze eagle, opinions and information  

Great bronze eagle, opinions and information   Great bronze eagle, opinions and information  

Quote by Agitatorn View Post
    Here it is and i guess it sold for the asking price i think
    This is really nice pice of art. Wish I would had extra 100k laying around.
    It went to Jeff Clark and it was sold from him right away.

Courtesy Jeff Clark

Great bronze eagle, opinions and information Great bronze eagle, opinions and information

Great bronze eagle, opinions and information Great bronze eagle, opinions and information

-TJ-

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3