Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help IDing Swastika

Article about: I think I am posting this in the correct place. If not let me know or if you are a moderator please move. My father flew with the 357th Fighter Group from ~9/44 to 4/45. He was stationed in

Default Help IDing Swastika

I think I am posting this in the correct place. If not let me know or if you are a moderator please move.

My father flew with the 357th Fighter Group from ~9/44 to 4/45. He was stationed in Leiston, UK. After the war ended he was one of the very few that were allowed to leave the service and return home. The rest of his FG took over the Neubiberg Airdrome. All of the souvenirs he acquired were from infantry solders back in London on leave or ?? That is where he got this swastika. The guy he bought it from claims it came from the Nuremberg stadium where Hitler gave many of his speeches. Supposedly there hundreds of these adorning the place. Whether that story is true or just BS to sell the swastika is what I would like to know. Was it actually from there?
    The items is constructed from copper sheeting and soldered together. There is rigid skeleton frame inside. The outside finish I have not had tested. It appears to be plated rather than painted (but I could be wrong ). With copper being at a premium if it were just to be painted standard sheet metal could have been used. There was some thought that it could also be gold leaf. While the exposed metal sheeting shows green corrosion the outside finish has no tarnish. Other brass relics I have tarnished even after a few years. Attached are pictures. The dimensions of he piece are as follows:

380mm / 14 7/8" x 380mm / 14 7/8" Outside diameter
    75mm / 3" is the width of each leg
    43mm 1 3/4" is the thickness ( see swastika 4 pic )
    1.19mm / .047" is the thickness of the copper sheeting
    2.27Kg or 5 lbs (us)

Any light that someone could shine on this either way would be appreciated. If you need more info I will do my best to get it. Thanks...

Help IDing SwastikaHelp IDing SwastikaHelp IDing Swastika

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help IDing Swastika
    P
    Many

Moved to what I believe is a more appropriate section of the forum.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

thank you Ralph

?

In focus photos of the whole thing front and back from slightly farther back would be nice . It looks real enough . Rob

bump

mpw
    ?

Have you searched for images of the stadium? If there were hundreds of these around the place then it will be quite probable you will see one. As Rob above has said it certainly looks the part. In focus photos would no doubt help though.

Cheers, Mark.