Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

help with newbie collecting coins

Article about: what would you suggest a newbie looks for to start a modest collection of coins id prefer something larger if possible , where should i look ? ebay is full gold plated ones and all sorts and

Default help with newbie collecting coins

what would you suggest a newbie looks for to start a modest collection of coins

id prefer something larger if possible , where should i look ? ebay is full gold plated ones and all sorts and its confusing to someone with little knowledge , im wary of being ripped off

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement help with newbie collecting coins
    P
    Many

Default Re: help with newbie collecting coins

I assume you mean Third Reich era coins ? I suggest Ebay as there are
    many types of originals to be found there. The larger 2 and 5 Mark
    coins are very plentiful in all grades as well.

Always post them here for review before you bid !

( None of these below were from Ebay.........)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help with newbie collecting coins   help with newbie collecting coins  

help with newbie collecting coins   help with newbie collecting coins  

Regards,

Steve.

are there any silver or rare ones that are affordable

and yes third reich years

The "worst priced" Nazi-era coins are still under a couple hundred dollars or so if you buy them in circulated condition. The "Keys" would be the 1933 Luther 2+5 Reichs Mark silver and the next years are even tougher-the 1934 2+5 Reichs Mark Schiller silver commemoratives. Next up would be the 1938+1938 50 Pfennig nickel pieces. As for as circulating silver, the 2 and the 5 Reichs Mark coins were all made from 1933 on up until 1939 and are plentiful and easy on the wallet to buy. The small change coins are extremely cheap in price. The earlier coins were minted in such metals as bronze and nickel, but as the war began to get serious, the big silver pieces were eliminated and most all of the small change became zinc and aluminum.There are several interesting varieties and a whole herd of different Mint marks, so you can collect as modestly or as seriously as you wish. Some mint marks are quite scarce for some years and denominations. And, then, of course, you have Paper money too to consider! Again, a whole new field that is quite fun to collect!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

a 5 marks coin looks like it would be a good start , big and silver so maybe hold its value better

I suggest to have a look at Classifieds section of this forum after 12h. I will post some III Reich coin lots for beginners tonight (usual 1,5,10 Reichspfennings zinc and copper + halfsilver 2 Reichsmarks). Nothing too rare and special but 100% original stuff. Or just send me a PM. I have also III Reich paper money for sell. Every buyer will get also original Feldpost letter for free:-).

Some pics of nazi zink and silver (actually 50% silver) coins:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help with newbie collecting coins   help with newbie collecting coins  

Hi if you try looking at collctors and anteque fairs they can often be found in boxes of mixed coins and try coin fairs and coin dealers.
    since they dont tend to focus just on ww2 german the prices are mostly lower dealers that just sell ww3 german items often seem to over price coins.
    i think this is partly down to not knowing much about them and so put a primium on them just in case. there are lots about as they were very easy to bring home at the time s a small souveneir. if you are gust starting off this could be a good way to get hold of the more common ones without paying a primium from a german dealer.
    happy hunting.
    Andy