Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler plaque question

Article about: Hey y'all Been seeing these around certain dealers sites. Are these generally authentic? I know lotta cloth, medals, and some tinnies are reproduced and passed as authentic... But what about

Default Hitler plaque question

Hey y'all

Been seeing these around certain dealers sites. Are these generally authentic?

I know lotta cloth, medals, and some tinnies are reproduced and passed as authentic... But what about plaques? I really want one.. and kinda saving up for a really nice wolff sculpted relief of Hitler but just wanna make sure before I start hunting for one when I'm ready..

Any ideas? I'd imagine the fakers would want to spend their time faking ss or high priced medals and not plaques since it seems like these aren't in demand as the other items..

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler plaque question
    P
    Many

The fakers will do anything that can make them the Bucks. If you find anything then it is worth posting good pictures on the forum and asking for advice first. A fool and his money are soon parted.

?

These are often faked in Eastern Europe. However, usually they are crudely cast while originals are of better quality. Show 'em here and we would love to take a look.

Quote by Vocht View Post
    These are often faked in Eastern Europe. However, usually they are crudely cast while originals are of better quality. Show 'em here and we would love to take a look.
    Hey thank you Vocht!

I'm planning on getting this plaque in about couple months.. so I'll definitely share. It's a very common piece but still want to make sure since it's couple of hundred dollars.. I'd hate to get a post war knockoff for this price..

Wow... I can't believe theyll even waste their time and money to reproduce these.. like I said.. SS items and some expensive medals . I get it .. crooks will spend time faking those, but a plaque that not a lot of collectors are into... Sheesh... They really are desperate aren't they .scum..

Ok here we are! Got one few days ago.. Finally! Haha! Love this hobby.

It's the smaller version (6x9) and not the cast iron 12x8 common version. I believe mine is made of brass based on seeing some green corrosionn near Hitler's lip area.

Hitler plaque question

Hitler plaque question

Hitler plaque question

Hitler plaque question

Hitler plaque question

Hitler plaque question

Hitler plaque question

Hitler plaque question

?

Looks to me like a nice period piece. This is a well known design which was made in several sizes and materials.

Hey thanks Vocht!

I think so too..but. I am no where near an expert or have much knowledge. I was referred to his dealer and bought this.. but just wanted to make sure it was real... and of course share how cool these are!

I guess the fakes are usually very crude per your comment above Vocht?

Thanks again !

?

Correct, you usually see casting flaws (bubbles) or crude finish. The backboard and suspension rings usually have a period style. But this is a nice one fit for every collection. Congrats

?

Nice addition to any collection
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"