Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hitlers fork,opinions appreciated

Article about: This fork was brought back by a GI,hitlers personal table fork?

Thank you for being corrected. My apologies.
    John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitlers fork,opinions appreciated
    P
    Many

A nice original AH formal pattern fork IMO. I own one myself. Yours is alittle worn and shows it's age but all the proper details and hallmarks are there. Far from common and far from cheap, even though approx 3000 or more pieces of this pattern exist they are very sought after among collectors. It looks to be the luncheon size fork...approx 7 1/4 " long. Dessert size is about 5 and dinner about 8. Vet provence is always a plus!!!

Thanks everyone for the great info opinions and comments!,I appreciate it!Silver is a softer metal and will wear with use ,have seen silver dollars worn almost completely smooth from being in circulation for years.Kind of neat this fork has honest wear and was actually used instead of sitting out the period in a silverware drawer.Hitler,Hess,Himmler or other guest etc. could have eaten with it,wish it could talk!It was an indirect vet buy from vets nephew,said his uncle brought it back from Germany with a couple daggers , bayonets and a flag, thats all the info I have on it.I have had this fork over 10 years.Maximus yes 7 1/4 is what it measures so a luncheon fork,cool.This fork is tarnished , I havent touched it,dont think I will clean it.

I wouldn't clean it, the tarnish is part of the journey. Here is a good link full of information about AH silverware Hitler's Nest

Thanks maximus,for the link,learned a lot!I am not going to clean it.This bordering is known as" greek key",these pieces are very well made,I see why originals are sought after.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitlers fork,opinions appreciated   Hitlers fork,opinions appreciated  

Hitlers fork,opinions appreciated   Hitlers fork,opinions appreciated  

Hitlers fork,opinions appreciated  

MAP
    ?

Tempted to use it??? LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I would use it with a knife and eat my grilled sirloin steak, but then I would have to wash it,darn it,its always something.Hilter was a vegetarian so it probably never saw red meat.Ha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2