Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hitlers yacht

Article about: Hi guys was at an auction and picked up a grouping of photos . In the grouping I found a few that have me scratching my head . On the back the Officer notated that they were of hitlers yacht

Glenagain; The picture I posted is in fact the Grille Below is the boat's entry in Gröner, Die deutschen Kriegsschiffe 1815-1945. As you can se, she was initially classified as a Satatsyacht und Aviso. In her role as a Staatsyacht (State Yacht) she carried high ranking government officials, among whom may have included Hitler on occasion. Dwight

Hitlers yacht

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitlers yacht
    P
    Many

Lithgow, I don't think he ever had a boat of any size he called his own. In your earlier post, #6, you correctly say that Hitler was no fan of sailing or being on the water because he got motion sickness. Dwight

And we don't want to confuse any of this with Goering's motor launch "Carin II" that was moored in the Red Sea for a while and now apparently restored and re-named the Prince Charles. There's a few photos of Goering in white marine uniform on the Carin II.

Hitlers yacht

Hitler flew all over Germany in an airplane and not like the planes of today..was alot more of a bumpy ride due to flying conditions...if that didnt make him sick...a small jaunt on a boat would be nothing IMO.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Anderson, great post, is he the guy dressed in the old bed sheets? and who owns the legs visible in front of him? Dwight

No, that photo is from the Red Sea, and bloke in the bed sheets I'm guessing is an Arab.

Hitler did fly, but again, he was no fan of it-it was just much faster for getting around, especially on the campaign trail in the early 1930s when live rallies were an important part of getting exposure-he was one of the first politicians to make use of air travel for this-he preferred trains or car convoys but did what he had to to get around if needed.

?

Guys thank you for identifying the boat. I bet for a lot of GIs that went on this boat they all had the same story when they got home . That they had taken a ride on hitlers yacht. Thanks again for the help in identifying her . GARY

?

does anyone know if hitler had a small yacht?
    Started by crazy horse, 09-16-2010 02:51 AM

check out this posting from 09-16-2010
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Horst, there doesn't appear to be a link to the 2020 posting. Dwight

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast