MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Huge KC War Painting.

Article about: OK, how about this big baby! Talk about big it's about 6ft high and almost to my door, or can I say in my house. done during the war and signed by a known painter. greg

Quote by kirby View Post
    Great painting. There were hundreds of paintings like this at The Pueblo Army Depot in Colorado. I got to see some of them in the late 70's. They also had a bunch of them loaned to the post museum at a Fort Carson. They were returned To Germany in the mid 80's. I have seen German post cards that were based on these paintings.
    I grew up in Pueblo and also got to see these at the “PAD” I believe in 1978-79. My dad worked at the DOT Train Test Center which was right next door to the Pueblo Army Depot. My dad was retired Army and had some connection with someone there and got us in for a private tour. I had taken a ton of photos and placed them in a photo album. In 2001, I had most of my personal belongings in a storage unit….someone broke in and stole everything. All that was in there was paperwork, school annuals, family photos and albums……why would anyone steal that? *♂️

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Huge KC War Painting.
    P
    Many

Hello Propguy sorry to hear about your loss on your personal items.
    A question would be.. why would people steal anything?

Because everything and anything holds a value for someone ,.even those who are in desperation or even to make a quick buck.

One thing that can not be stolen is Knowledge...and there is a lot of it here in many forums and subforums of each historical topic you may be interested in.
    You get to take it with you and will have it forever.

I find it encouraging that you found this old thread and brought it back to the top. Hopefully more will come from the thread topic since you revived it

Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you for the response Larry C. I thoroughly enjoy going through these forums…they are such a wealth of knowledge!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2