MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial Eagle in wall clock

Article about: Hello everyone, a couple of years ago I found a cuckoo clock with an imperial eagle. Now another watch appeared with a similar emblem. The material of the emblem looks like ivory or bone, it

?

Default Imperial Eagle in wall clock

Hello everyone, a couple of years ago I found a cuckoo clock with an imperial eagle. Now another watch appeared with a similar emblem.
    The material of the emblem looks like ivory or bone, it is very well made, I don't know if it is original but it is known that many German watchmaking companies were collaborators with the regime.
    Can it be original? or someone may have added it. It looks very well done.
    Greetings

Imperial Eagle in wall clockImperial Eagle in wall clockImperial Eagle in wall clockImperial Eagle in wall clock

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Eagle in wall clock
    P
    Many

I'm no wall clock expert, but the crossed arrows on the clock face indicate manufacture by HAC, or Hamburg-American Clock Co. HAC was merged with another clock company, and was no more by 1930 (as far as I understand).

It seems very unlikely to me that this clock would be original in its current state. No telling when someone glued the eagle onto the finial.

I'm afraid that's as far as my knowledge of wall clocks goes, but hopefully someone can provide more information.

-DF