Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KM Königsberg fender flag

Article about: Hello everyone Never been much ofna flag guy, seller says its made of celleon, plus has the, "M," in a circle with the adler on top. I was told flag embroidery is very different fr

Default KM Königsberg fender flag

Hello everyone
    Never been much ofna flag guy, seller says its made of celleon, plus has the, "M," in a circle with the adler on top. I was told flag embroidery is very different from uniform embroidery, I realize the pucs are virtually trash, but its what I'm working with, its a no glow, 13" by 13" fender flag. Any insight, would be greatly appreciated before I complete the sale. Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KM Königsberg fender flag   KM Königsberg fender flag  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KM Königsberg fender flag
    P
    Many

It isn’t a fender flag because it has standard German hoist loops in the hoist for flying the flag from a pole. That looks to me like the sort of flag that would be flown from a pole to identify a group at a gathering. There is nothing specific about it except the name Königsberg. Most fender flags are pennants identifying a unit, political office, and military units. As example, the one shown below represents the Nazi Party offices of Gauleitung Amtsleiter, Hauptamtsleiter and Stellvertretender Gauleiter, prior to 1939. You can see the metal loops that go around the staff in the fender that are completely unlike those found on a flag that was designed to fly from a pole.
    There were square fender flags used by very high-ranking military and Nazi officials. Below is Hitler’s fender flag flown on his Mercedes Benz.
    As to the authenticity of the one you are interested in, I cannot say. But flags are easily counterfeited and many are on the market today. As for the material being Celleon, it probably is, it certainly has the appearance. It is still used for special fabrics today. I am curious, is the Swastika blanked-out to be “politically correct,” or is it simply absent? If the latter is the case, it is definitely a fake. Dwight

It is actually blanked out because the site the seller has it on, strictly, believes in banning history, don't wanna offend the precious millenials. Does 13" by 13" sound like a normal size? My fears, were I wasn't planning on winning the auction with the lowest starting bid being at $100, plus shipping. The seller in question as I've watched for the past few years, has real items, mixed in with fakes, as he must of inherited a bunch of unauthenticated items, so i try and pick through three listings looking for the real items. I dont know which way to with this one, I really dont like to reneg on items I've all ready won, but even more then that, i hate buying fakes.

I would be very very surprised if the OP flag is original, the quality and construction are very suspect as is the gold bullion for the letters.
    Looks like nothing i have seen which is period, and as stated it would not be a fender flag.

Morris

?

high ranking fender pendents were usually very stiffened to remain to be seen when passing a crowd.

KristianFerrel, 13 x 13 would probably work for a group standard at a large convention-like meeting in the field. I agree with Morris, that it looks too new and pristine to be at least 80 years old. I agree with you that many sellers feel that they must not offend the snowflakes; they melt so easily. It's all silliness in my opinion. Dwight

?

In my opinion the letters look sloppy and not like something that would've been official, and mirroring what was said above the gold looks way too "shiny". But i'd wait for some more opinions.

I am not in my library right now so I can't look in my Kriegsmarine or flag reference books but I am not getting a good feeling about this flag..

Because the seller refuses to show the whole flag I would be hesitant from the start..

Smitty

Thank you everyone, for the great observations and opinions, I'm backing out, thank you everyone, everything said was right on the money ty.

?

As said sloppy construction , probably Pakistan special.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast