MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Knifes and Forks, any opinions?

Article about: These seems like total fakes, what's your opinion? Thanks and regards...

ATK
    ?

Default Knifes and Forks, any opinions?

These seems like total fakes, what's your opinion?

Thanks and regards...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Knifes and Forks, any opinions?
    P
    Many

This is hard to say. It certainly appears to be genuine German silver. Properly stamped, 800 plus crescent (silver) and imperial crown (German). The obverse shows the cipher 'AV', which is a bit odd as these ciphers were actually meant to be abbreviations for a name. Why should something like that be written on forks from the SS Junker School in Bad Toelz when the cutlery should have been intended for everyone!?

ATK
    ?

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    This is hard to say. It certainly appears to be genuine German silver. Properly stamped, 800 plus crescent (silver) and imperial crown (German). The obverse shows the cipher 'AV', which is a bit odd as these ciphers were actually meant to be abbreviations for a name. Why should something like that be written on forks from the SS Junker School in Bad Toelz when the cutlery should have been intended for everyone!?
    My guess is, the SS engravings were made post war. Those seems ridiculous.

Quote by ATK View Post
    My guess is, the SS engravings were made post war. Those seems ridiculous.
    I think so too. The SS runes and the abbreviation "AV" don't go together at all. Someone simply wanted to make money there.

Anything Third Reich will sell today it seems. Sure gotta be on your guard when buying. Ashame but always someone trying to make a dishonest buck.

?

Hello ATK,

in my opinion it is genuine German silver cutlery (correct hallmarking 800, crescent moon and crown) and also the monogram AV looks authentic and represents the initials of the original owner.

The SS runes on the front and the inscription "SS Schule Tölz" on the back were definitely added later. As Sammler has pointed out, there is absolutely no point in engraving personal initials on cutlery that is used by everyone in a school. In addition, these SS engravings do not look like they come from this period.

In Germany you can buy such cutlery quite cheaply (sometimes even at flea markets), especially if it bears a monogram, as it is difficult to find a buyer whose name matches the initials. Someone has probably bought such a cheap cutlery and is trying to sell it with an additional SS engraving (which he has applied himself) at a high price. A clear fake.

Best regards
    Wolf

I just dug this pastry fork out of my cutlery drawer. It was made by the well-known and popular manufacturer 'WMF' (Wurttembergische Metallwaren Fabrik) in Germany and is also made of 800 silver. Pay special attention to the initials, the letters show the same style. The fork is postwar.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Knifes and Forks, any opinions?   Knifes and Forks, any opinions?  

Knifes and Forks, any opinions?  

ATK
    ?

Those were sold to a collector (who claimed himself as one of the best) for a price around 750 euros.

Am I missing something? No picture or link in the original post.

?

Originally there were pictures. They were probably deleted afterwards...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast