Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Looking to buy a WW2 German teacup/mug/glass...

Article about: I am brand new to buying WW2 memorabilia. I have bought a handful of old items and antiques in the past, but with those items, forgeries and fakes were a little less of a concern. I’m look

Default Looking to buy a WW2 German teacup/mug/glass...

I am brand new to buying WW2 memorabilia. I have bought a handful of old items and antiques in the past, but with those items, forgeries and fakes were a little less of a concern.

I’m looking to buy a teacup, glass, or anything that you drink from. Specifically, visibly, from Germany during WW2. I thought something matching that description would be a little easier to find. After a quick Google search, items like this aren’t as readily available as I’d thought.

I did come across this though…

WW2, German, Wehrmacht, Mess Hall Porcelain, White Tea Cup and Saucer, Marked H. U.(Heeres Unterkunft), by Rhenania, of Duisdorf Bonn - Sally Antiques

Looking to buy a WW2 German teacup/mug/glass...

The teacup to me, doesn’t appear to be part of a set with the saucer.

Question 1: Is something like this for sale in the link, credible and genuine?

Questions 2: Where should I be searching to find what I’m looking for?

Any advice in general would be great...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking to buy a WW2 German teacup/mug/glass...
    P
    Many

You can often find porcelain items for sale on some of the sites like Lakeside Trader, Wittmann Antique Militaria or Epic Artifacts.

What I would suggest doing is finding other similar items like the ones above and comparing them to the ones on other sites....if the stamps more or less align, they're probably good. I know that on some pieces they had the manufacturer and the date on the bottom, but I do not know if that was on every piece such as smaller items like the cup or only on bigger ones like the saucer.