Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Is the motorcycle figure fake ???

Article about: Hello. Dear Colleagues, your opinion on this subject is important. I see it as a cast fake. I don't like the holes in the marble slab, they are too fresh. I have not seen such hex nut on oth

Default Is the motorcycle figure fake ???

Hello. Dear Colleagues, your opinion on this subject is important. I see it as a cast fake. I don't like the holes in the marble slab, they are too fresh. I have not seen such hex nut on other items. The whole figure is in the sinks and as if it was treated with a file and a metal brush. The belt on the carbine on some strange soldering. Waiting for your opinions. Thanks.Is the motorcycle figure fake ???Is the motorcycle figure fake ???Is the motorcycle figure fake ???Is the motorcycle figure fake ???Is the motorcycle figure fake ???Is the motorcycle figure fake ???Is the motorcycle figure fake ???Is the motorcycle figure fake ???Is the motorcycle figure fake ???Is the motorcycle figure fake ???Is the motorcycle figure fake ???Is the motorcycle figure fake ???Is the motorcycle figure fake ???Is the motorcycle figure fake ???Is the motorcycle figure fake ???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is the motorcycle figure fake ???
    P
    Many

rus
    ?

The nuts are obviously modern, and it looks like low quality casting on the wheels.
    How old is it supposed to be and what is it supposed to be made of?

They are usually made of zinc alloy with silver plating or in a brown coating and the hex nut is different. This one is made of an alloy I don't understand and is very heavy.Is the motorcycle figure fake ???Is the motorcycle figure fake ???Is the motorcycle figure fake ???Is the motorcycle figure fake ???Is the motorcycle figure fake ???

MAP
    ?

All I can say, having never seen one before, is to concur with Rus that the casting is very poor. I would not expect this would accepted on a period made item
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I also concur that it is not a period item, but I'm not an expert. I would expect better craftsmanship though, namely some of the license plate characters being that crooked. I also think one of the bolts on the bottom was too long and prevented the base from sitting level as it looks like the end of it was snipped off with bolt cutters? Regardless if it's period or not, it's still cool!

It's possible someone has used the "lost wax method" but substituted a plastic toy soldier figure (instead of wax figure) during the making of the mould. Kiln heating would burn up the plastic leaving the cavity to pour in an alloy metal.

Thank you, we are waiting for more opinions.