Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mystery Table Standard Flag!?!

Article about: Greetings everyone, Anyone have any thoughts on this piece please? looks like a single sided table standard? Haven't seen much around like it, and wanted to see how it checks out. Roughly 6&

Default Mystery Table Standard Flag!?!

Greetings everyone,

Anyone have any thoughts on this piece please? looks like a single sided table standard?
    Haven't seen much around like it, and wanted to see how it checks out. Roughly 6" by 6" on wood poleMystery Table Standard Flag!?!Mystery Table Standard Flag!?!Mystery Table Standard Flag!?!Mystery Table Standard Flag!?!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mystery Table Standard Flag!?!
    P
    Many

Oh. My. God. This is a fuhrer’s flag, which would have likely flown in such things as the fuhrerbunker, the Bergof, or other places he would have been. I have only seen one before, and it sold for over $10,000. This is a BEUTIFUL piece of history, and if you haven’t added it to your collection yet, I’d hope you would. Congrats on the amazing find!

Unteroffizer Klaus (Liam)

Hello I agree (not with the first response) an interesting Standarte des Führers piece. To my eyes it looks to have some honest age to it. In some ways it looks similar to Delta made flags of the 70's era..but I d think if it were they could be found in mass. Perhaps these were made to commemorate AH's birthday or for a Hitler Danke celebration? Perhaps for use as a parade route item or similar. Certainly not of quality to be a desk flag or something for official display. But at least it's not one of these. Best regards.

Brian

Image from a previous thread

Deleted duplicate post
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 09-21-2018 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Duplicate post

?

I attended a Bundeswehr commanders dinner years ago and there were table standards for the general on the tables - I would guess that this is one that was located at a dinner function etc with AH present. Nice find.
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

I would expect the quality to be a little better.
    Here is my Infantry table standard to compare.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Hello I agree (not with the first response) an interesting Standarte des Führers piece. To my eyes it looks to have some honest age to it. In some ways it looks similar to Delta made flags of the 70's era..but I d think if it were they could be found in mass. Perhaps these were made to commemorate AH's birthday or for a Hitler Danke celebration? Perhaps for use as a parade route item or similar. Certainly not of quality to be a desk flag or something for official display. But at least it's not one of these. Best regards.

Brian

Image from a previous thread
    Hey Brian I appreciate the response! Yeah this is part of an auction lot where one flag is definitely a delta international one and this one stuck out to me as a slightly more feasible one that I wanted to do my diligence on. Have you ever seen such a thing? My assumption was sort of the same one that you mentioned and wanted to tread carefully with this as Its definitely out of my wheelhouse.

Quote by Horst View Post
    I attended a Bundeswehr commanders dinner years ago and there were table standards for the general on the tables - I would guess that this is one that was located at a dinner function etc with AH present. Nice find.
    Horst
    So it sounds like it does have the potential to be a period flag. My thought was that its essentially machine sewn around the hoist with a wood pole similar to a parade flag, and not one that would be able to stand up alone.

- - ------- - -

WOW! that's a beaut!