MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Need help with German Eagle.

Article about: thats what i thought dave right color right non ferris metal and the shape of the wings exclude it from being political or army etc? i could be way wrong as always, and i wouldnt mind it for

Default Re: Need help with German Eagle.

cheers for the pic ade that settles it then! although i would still buy it at the right price for the wall

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with German Eagle.
    P
    Many

yab
    ?

Hi, I have an eagle with the same dimensions, on the back there are 3 8mm holes I guess, 2 in the wings and 1 where the svastika is, I canĀ“t find any marks either, I don`t know if it is original, but it looks good on the wall.
    Regards Yab.

yab
    ?

Here is a pic of mine
    Regards Yab.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with German Eagle.  

I dont know if that is real either Yab, but it looks awesome as a backdrop !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

yab
    ?

Hi, yes I think so too, this one I`ve had for about 30 years, I`ve got it from my father, I have later byed one more, real expensive, about 1000.- euro, but I`ve also seen one more with stamps in, by a collectors place, there was the price about 1300-1400 euros.
    Regards Yab.

Quote by yab View Post
    Hi, yes I think so too, this one I`ve had for about 30 years, I`ve got it from my father, I have later byed one more, real expensive, about 1000.- euro, but I`ve also seen one more with stamps in, by a collectors place, there was the price about 1300-1400 euros.
    Regards Yab.
    Hello my Danish friend.

Nice eagle and welcome to this forum
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

yab
    ?

Hi Stinschen.
    Thank you, i think it is a very interesting forum you`ve got me into, I like it.
    Regards Yab.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Sonny, sorry this is an old fake made in Britain in the 1970's. The design is based upon a Kreigsmarine tropical pith helmet eagle. I have enlcosed a pic of an original cap eagle from my collection to show where they get the basic design from. But look how much nicer the original is

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Adrian.
    Hermann Historica recently sold one looking a lot like the one showen in the begining og this thread:
    BuyPast auctionsO86rOnline CatalogueTechniqueLot 11510
    Mayby you know of this auction site?
    Either way- That one was made in "leight metal" Aluminum I gues- but had an different backside. Not flat like the one in the post. It seam more like it was cast in a closed cast and not an open one. I got surprised when I read you comment about it being fake. I though Hermann had their things in order. Just to be sure- The one you mention being made in the 70's. Was it all made up? Has there ever been an original one? The one sold at Hermann had a Svastika looking like the one on the breast eagle- but the one at this post has a more slim one- Could there have been made two different once- or is one fake and one original? I'm new here so I dont know how to post pictures in comments, but i wil try to post hermans eagle in this thread.

Default Eagle from hermann-historica.de

Default Eagle from hermann-historica.de backside

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3