Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

NSKK Sternfahrt 10. September 1933 Breslau Thiele & Steinert

Article about: Good afternoon, everybody, apologies if I have posted this in the wrong section. Not normally my area of collectiiong, but sometimes if you find something cheap that is attractive, you have

Default NSKK Sternfahrt 10. September 1933 Breslau Thiele & Steinert

Good afternoon, everybody, apologies if I have posted this in the wrong section. Not normally my area of collectiiong, but sometimes if you find something cheap that is attractive, you have to buy it. This is a NSKK Sternfahrt 10. September 1933 Breslau by Thiele & Steinert made of brass. As always, all opinions are welcome, especially regarding authenticity as I have never owned one of these before.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK Sternfahrt 10. September 1933 Breslau Thiele & Steinert   NSKK Sternfahrt 10. September 1933 Breslau Thiele & Steinert  

NSKK Sternfahrt 10. September 1933 Breslau Thiele & Steinert   NSKK Sternfahrt 10. September 1933 Breslau Thiele & Steinert  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK Sternfahrt 10. September 1933 Breslau Thiele & Steinert
    P
    Many

I agree it looks impressive. My only query would be how would it be worn? I thought these were usually mounted on a material backing? There are no fixing holes on this one.

?

depending on size ,could be a table medal rather than a tinnie.
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

What are overall dimensions and size? Is the backing an overlay of paper or cardboard on back of medal? I have a few NSKK table medals in my collection. The maker is usually stamped into back.
    Last edited by Rossi; 04-17-2024 at 04:20 PM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

It is a participant badge for a night time navigation drive to Breslau. It would have been fixed to the radiator/cooler grill. It measures 90x56 mm. The backing is paper, so probably never used

I thought these were fakes made in Poland? And that none were originally made. Just my thoughts.

I have taken another picture from the side to show the thickness of the paper backing, which is not very thick. Bittaker, I am not aware of any fakes being made.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK Sternfahrt 10. September 1933 Breslau Thiele & Steinert  

I probably should NOT use links that may be gone tomorrow, but look at the one for sale at German Military Collection WW1 WW2 - Military Shop - German Military Collection Search Breslau.But that one is with reverse backing (easily removed). I was maybe wrong assuming all fakes/fantasy plaques concerning this item were from Poland?! This one is for sale from England. And strange with that tag on the reverse. IMO not something I would want in my collection. PS! I am not certain how to get the pictures from that site in my reply. Sorry.

Thank you for the link, here are the pictures from that site:

My observation on the one in post #1 is that the label on the rear looks very much like a new sticky label that someone may have smeared tea (or similar) over to make it look older.

?

Looking further at the original posted medal. It seems to have casting pits and pocks. Not indicative of good work with the mould or casting. You can see them in adlers wings, talon, in letters and in field around adlers head. Not sure about this as being one I would trust or want to spring for.

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast