Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Political Early Flag Pole Topper / Finial (Real or Repo)

Article about: Heres a couple of pictures of mine - check the detail look almost the same ,on mine you can also see some wear on the silver and the copper base showing through which is correct for this ear

drh
    ?

Default Political Early Flag Pole Topper / Finial (Real or Repo)

Hi,

Need help Please on confirmation of this flag pole topper.

Thanks in Advance

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Political Early Flag Pole Topper / Finial (Real or Repo)   Political Early Flag Pole Topper / Finial (Real or Repo)  

Political Early Flag Pole Topper / Finial (Real or Repo)   Political Early Flag Pole Topper / Finial (Real or Repo)  

Political Early Flag Pole Topper / Finial (Real or Repo)   Political Early Flag Pole Topper / Finial (Real or Repo)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Political Early Flag Pole Topper / Finial (Real or Repo)
    P
    Many

Default Re: Political Early Flag Pole Topper / Finial (Real or Repo)

are there any makers marks present.

Don't know much about these pole finials, but I suppose the best detective work would be in the metallurgy, ie, the weight and grade of the alloy, compared to other objects of the period, but I think I'd start with the threaded bolt. A good engineer should know what sort of thread it is.. looks quite coarse from the pics.

drh
    ?

Hi Deadeye,
    No makers mark, I looked all over it and found nothing.

Thanks,
    Danny

drh
    ?

Hi,
    I appreciate the feedback. The threaded bolt sounds like a good place ,i agree. I think it a 1/4-20 threads.
    Thanks again,
    Danny

adrain my freind danny posted this for me, do you know anything about it. have a chance to buy, but wanted to confirm w/forum if you could give me your input would be greatly appreciated. deadeye

Hi, I would give this one a cautious thumbs up.

The ones I have handled often had a heavy plated finish. The finish to this one appears good with no loss.

Cheers, Ade.

adrain, does the detailing on this look right.there is some plating loss to the upper portion of the topper. and on the round fitting that goes on the bottem. would the plating loss be normal for a 70 years plus flag topper. and do you know if these early toppers had makers mark.I really want to stay w/oringnal items and value the opinions of the forum.I really appreciate your input deadeye

?

From the pictures and info provided yours does look like a period topper. Most repos have a solid heavy round base where period peices are hollow, check yours. As to markings the only part usually marked on these toppers is the screw cover which is missing on yours. Have enclosed a picture of what I am talking about.

Horst

"He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

horst i am looking at round base its hard to tell if its hollow or not.it does seam that if it where solid, that it would be heavier.but i dont have anything to compare it to.holding a 1oz silver eagle in hand it seams by feel to be comperable in weight.does that sound about right. thanks deadeye

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast