Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Question About AH silverware

Article about: Hello There i have some questions about some AH silverware is it fake or? Have a bad feeling About it . Thank you for your time.

Then unfortunately you’ve learnt a valuable lesson the hard way. It cannot be overstated how much caution is required in militaria collecting, especially in regards to ‘personality items’ with direct connections to the war’s major players. A lack of caution will more often than not result in you getting burned, which is exactly what happened here.

If you have even the slightest bit of doubt an item isn’t original, you should always post it on the forum before parting with your money. At the very least, you should be sure the seller offers a returns policy. ‘No returns’ is a huge red flag no matter how much money is involved.

I’m sorry this has happened to you, but at the very least you won’t be made a victim again.

Regards, B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question About AH silverware
    P
    Many

Thank you for! Are you familiair with privatecollections.ca? or someone else on this forum?

Yess its a hard way to learn. And a stupid one.

Quote by dangerdarco View Post
    Thank you for! Are you familiair with privatecollections.ca? or someone else on this forum?

Yess its a hard way to learn. And a stupid one.
    I’m not familiar with them at all. Some other members who live in Canada might be.

No lesson is wasted! You’re now armed with the right knowledge, and you won’t make the same mistake again. That’s invaluable when it comes to this hobby. Getting burned has happened to everyone here, some more than once, some for considerable amounts of money. All you can do is cut your loss and keep moving forward.

B.B.

?

Hello, I am sorry to read you got bummed. This is 100% fake AH cutlery. Please find the tutorial on AH silverware by Thomas Wittmann, it gives you a good idea.
    This dealer has been discussed a few times here. As far as I see it, this guy has sold piles of steaming hot sh*t over the years. I even saved a few pics because of the level of ridiculousness of his stuff:

Question About AH silverware

"rare SS sports trophee"

I would buy one of his daggers and stab myself with it after seeing this webshop.

Is that the person from witteman Antique millitaria?

Dankjewel voor je reactie vocht. Heeft me iig geholpen.

?

No problem! Always happy to help. It is important to check here before buying anything. Never sponsor the fake fraud dealers with your money.

Default Hitler silverwear patterns

This looks like an attempt to fake a lesser known "Berghof Pattern". The "Berghofs" are not as desirable in the collector community as they usually lack good provenance, are commonly faked or misidentified and lack the elaborate detail which makes the Formal Pattern so desirable. There are excellent photos of accepted AH patterns in Dr. Mark Griffith's book on Nazi memorabilia. Sadly, it is easier to find the real silverware than a copy of this long out-of-print reference book.

The James Yannes book is readily available and does a good job with the Hitler/Braun silverware.
    Last edited by Cats Billy; 06-21-2021 at 02:16 PM.

Wittman is not a good source on AH silverware, please do not fall into that trap. He has bought and sold so much fake silverware its not funny. Everything he buys at shows regarding silverware he just takes as gospel as being real and resells it. So please don't use him as a definitive source of info. This is a guy who sold toilet paper from Walter kanzler, Christmas ornaments and and all those fake plates as well. People need to wake up, tom is not a good guy....

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question About AH silverware  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast