Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ratisbon's Auction Exotica

Article about: Okay guys I have poked around the site to see the general sentiment of Ratisbons Auction - it is also one of our add and I assume a sponsor. Prices are what they are but I am not getting a g

Default Ratisbon's Auction Exotica

Okay guys I have poked around the site to see the general sentiment of Ratisbons Auction - it is also one of our add and I assume a sponsor. Prices are what they are but I am not getting a good vibe on some ites. When I got to this one I decided to stop looking. wow...wow am I right that there is a problem with this item? I would hate site members getting brutalized by a sponsor I am not talking on price just authenticity. Maybe im being 2 protective. but in its the description they don't even know what type of medal its made out of ! If im wrong on this im wrong it just seems crazy
    Thanks
    General Putnam

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ratisbon's Auction Exotica
    P
    Many

Looking at the size of it, more like "Holy Egg Cup"........
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Looking at the size of it, more like "Holy Egg Cup"........
    That's exactly what it looks like!!!

I noticed you must log in to view the images on their website...kind of goes against the norm of other websites.

Here's their guarantee...pulled from their Terms & Conditions section:

Guarantee: All items are guaranteed to be original manufacture before May 1945, unless otherwise stated. All customers both inland Germany and worldwide have 14 days to return the item or items for a full refund, if the item does not reach the expectation of the customer. Please see our section "Right of revocation" for more information.

Guarantee or not, there have been fake combat awards on their site before, I've seen several PAB's that are bogus. I also suspect that some have been chemically cleaned, they are just too bright, and I use the word "suspect" conservatively.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I think GeneralPutnam has a good point. Thanks for calling this item out. It does look hokey to say the least. Never saw this one in the reference books.

When you sign up not only do you get full access to no blurred pics but they also give you a 10 euro welcome bonus. I almost jumped out of my skin! what a great perk! I signed up last night and guess what I still cant see a ten euro credit, to be honest I am not going to look for it long im just going to count as a formal strike one. I didn't really look at the site last night but now when I have time to formally look through as soon as I saw the body of Christ knights Templar fountain of youth- as you guys said "egg" cup I logged out

The NSDAP standard pole top eagle finial and Deutschland Erwache standard are interesting items, although with bids starting at 17,000 and 15,000 euro's a piece, I think I'll save my money for a new roof on the carriage stables.

Quote by GeneralPutnam View Post
    When you sign up not only do you get full access to no blurred pics but they also give you a 10 euro welcome bonus. I almost jumped out of my skin! what a great perk! I signed up last night and guess what I still cant see a ten euro credit, to be honest I am not going to look for it long im just going to count as a formal strike one. I didn't really look at the site last night but now when I have time to formally look through as soon as I saw the body of Christ knights Templar fountain of youth- as you guys said "egg" cup I logged out
    Some very common items sell for very high prices on the auctions, and that's before the 12.5% mark up fee. I've Never really seen any bargains to be had on there.

Regards, Ned.

?

I actually have a few bids on the site.... Pricey... But some of the pieces are hard to find other places
    or at all, in my case.. I have placed a "Max" bid on the few things I am interested in... If someone wants it more than me... So be it..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

don't get me wrong guys, there is some decent stuff on there. For newer collectors and below average collectors like me skill wise. to many mines for my personal risk appetite. I am not really focus on prices just seeing how my skill are on telling good from bad

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast