Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

To restore or not to restore

Article about: Hi, I picked up this small DR dish a little while back. Does anyone know what it would have been used for? I'm using it for memory sticks but I'm guessing it was for mints or something like

Default To restore or not to restore

Hi,

I picked up this small DR dish a little while back. Does anyone know what it would have been used for?

I'm using it for memory sticks but I'm guessing it was for mints or something like that. Is that likely? It's about 4 1/2" across and 1" deep. Apologies for the photos being upside-down, they look the correct way up on my PC.

At some point in its life it has acquired a number of small shallow dents in the base, almost as though someone has been firing an air rifle at it. I keep wondering about getting it restored. What do people think?

Cheers

Nostradamus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture To restore or not to restore   To restore or not to restore  

To restore or not to restore  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement To restore or not to restore
    P
    Many

?

Open image on PC (JPG) -> press CTRL + R -> Save image again in directory.

Leave it as is in my opinion. I like these kind of things.

?

In my opinion, the ‘damage’ is part of its history and certainly not detracting. I really wouldn’t bother with a restoration.
    As for what it was made for, I’m afraid I cannot help, but it does seem perfect for a mint or nut dish..

raz
    ?

Looks like a dish from the Deutsches Reichsbahn . The number 242 relates to a certain train ( supposedly Hilter's personal train I think , but could be wrong ). In this case I think there are threads on here that would be of interest to you . Do a search on the net also . Hope this helps .