Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Rosenthal vase with silver base?

Article about: Has anyone seen anything like this before? The overall vase shape and design (excluding Adler and silver base) matches a similar example I saw elsewhere from the 30s. That being said, the gi

Default Rosenthal vase with silver base?

Has anyone seen anything like this before? The overall vase shape and design (excluding Adler and silver base) matches a similar example I saw elsewhere from the 30s. That being said, the giant Adler seems a bit tacky as does partial silver base which makes me think it's a fantasy piece.

Rosenthal vase with silver base?Rosenthal vase with silver base?Rosenthal vase with silver base?Rosenthal vase with silver base?Rosenthal vase with silver base?Rosenthal vase with silver base?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rosenthal vase with silver base?
    P
    Many

I have not seen that particular piece before, but I have seen lots of Rosenthal pieces that bear Nazi insignia. In my opinion, that is a genuine Rosenthal product. I am probably telling you what you already know, which is that the Nazis controlled Rosenthal until the end of WW2. Under their control, the company made many, many products that bore Nazi emblems and insignia, of all sizes. That's a very nice piece; I wish I had it. Dwight

Quote by drmessimer View Post
    I have not seen that particular piece before, but I have seen lots of Rosenthal pieces that bear Nazi insignia. In my opinion, that is a genuine Rosenthal product. I am probably telling you what you already know, which is that the Nazis controlled Rosenthal until the end of WW2. Under their control, the company made many, many products that bore Nazi emblems and insignia, of all sizes. That's a very nice piece; I wish I had it. Dwight
    Thank you for your comments Dwight. Yes, I believe I have some Rosenthal mess hall porcelain. It's just a very odd mashup so I wasn't taking it very seriously.