Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Seeking help with ID, use, etc.

Article about: My apologies if I am posting this in the wrong spot. New member & I am not sure where to post it. It is missing the cord but, hoping I can provide enough photos for ID. I am guessing the

?

Well, I was hoping an ID was going to be easier. A little more history: I can vouch for where it has been since 1945. Not a recent find. Brought to the US by my fiances' grandfather. He didn't know what it was. This is how it was found and has never been altered. I agree that it would not be effective for scorching wood. There are no manufacturing marks, that we can find. Just the D.R.G.M. patent #'s. I am not sure if I am understanding the info for DRGM right but, I found a chart that shows the #'s may date it to around 1926. If any one else knows or wants to confirm this, the numbers are: 945087, 945088, & 945089. Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Seeking help with ID, use, etc.
    P
    Many

A uniquely curious item. Original for sure but I have not seen anything like it before. Can only guess at what it was used to mark, leather, ceramics ?

?

BlackCat1982, wow! I think you may be on to something. I never though of leather! I just Googled electric leather stamps and, while I can not find this one, there are others that have similar construction. Thanks!

The German patents office may provide you with information for a small fee, you can contact from their website. They do hold patent lists from the TR period. I think those patent numbers are your best bet for getting a positive ID.

DPMA Deutsches Patent- und Markenamt - Startseite

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Well it says 220 Volts at 200watts. That is a very low wattage for burning wood. Might take a while. Which wouldn't be very productive if your marking crates.
    It would appear to be enough, Phil. The website of a present-day seller of such Brennstempel offers them in wattages from 100 to 2,200 watts. The 200ers:

Brennstempel 200 W mit gravierter Brennplatte direkt vom Hersteller

?

Ha ha, I didn't even see the volts.
    I did think it could be used for leather or live stock, but I haven't seen anything like that size before?
    Maybe rolls of leather or anything that was produced got a small marker stamped on it as part of the production process?

What I do know is, I want one.

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It would appear to be enough, Phil. The website of a present-day seller of such Brennstempel offers them in wattages from 100 to 2,200 watts. The 200ers:

Brennstempel 200 W mit gravierter Brennplatte direkt vom Hersteller
    Very Cool. The ones I found started at 800 and went up from there. So a wood burner possibly?

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

[QUOTE=Danger;2004168]I did think it could be used for leather or live stock,

QUOTE]

Did they brand livestock?

But it does bring up another possibility.....The German version of a USDA stamp of approval. LoL!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Geb
    ?

Maybe for Ceramics... The Eagle sure looks like what I've seen on the bottom of porcelain ware.
    Heated black glaze or ink flows out of the recessed parts of the design would be my guess ... Who knows

Geb
    ?

Maybe for Ceramics... The Eagle sure looks like what I've seen on the bottom of porcelain ware.
    Hmmm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast