Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Silver Fork with Golden Eagle

Article about: I am not interested in purchasing this item, but am asking on someone elses behalf. I feel like this may be another nasty fantasy piece, but I know nothing about this area. Any input appreci

Wharfrat57: Here is the logo on one of the utensils in the group referred to in post #7 above. It's exactly like yours and it was put there by a company that did bussines with the TR era Foreign Office. Dwight

Silver Fork with Golden Eagle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Silver Fork with Golden Eagle
    P
    Many

drmessimer. The silver hallmark I'm talking about was in the first post. I'm not familiar with it, nor can I find who the hallmark belongs to. most notably the hallmark before the crescent, crown and 900. This hallmark:Silver Fork with Golden Eagle

I'm trying to track down the company who made these hallmarks, which I cannot find. Does anybody know who provided the silver hallmarks?

Marty, Since 1888 Germany has used uniform marks for silver and gold. The marks are the "Crescent and crown" (Halbmond und Reichskrone) for silver and the "Sun and Crown" (Sonne und Reichskrone) for gold. the mark you are talking about is the crown . It might not look much like a crown, but that is what it is. The use of the crescent & crown means that the manufacturer is German, which narrows your search considerably. Dwight

Marty, here is your answer. That is the hallmark for the Silberwarenfabrik Peter Bruckmann & Söhne that was founded in 1805 in Heilbronn. The factory was largely destroyed during the air raid on Heilbronn on 4 December 1944, and during the fighting around Heilbronn in April 1945. Through the efforts of the employees, a production facility was built in the same place and resumed manufacturing, producing the first postwar cutlery in September 1945. The company was sold in 1968 to the Dutch company Gerofabriek NV, which moved its headquarters to Neckarsulm in 1970, and filed for bankruptcy in 1973. Dwight

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2