MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Silver Swastika Brooch - TR Era?

Article about: Hi folks, I found something a little different to share. This, appears to me, to be a silver to silver alloy woman's brooch featuring a swastika with a very nice "starburst" backgr

Quote by Aldo View Post
    In the Hüsken book this type is listed as a sympathizer brooch as Reinhard2 stated

Attachment 1633711
    But DFs Badge looks much better than the one shown in Huskens Book. Much better worked out in the details.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Silver Swastika Brooch - TR Era?
    P
    Many

At the time of the TR and before, there were numerous such sympathizer badges that could be bought or given away. I have some pendants for necklaces in the shape of a swastika and a matching silver pin. But my best sympathizer badge is this finger ring, which was probably intended for women and is made of 8K gold.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Silver Swastika Brooch - TR Era?   Silver Swastika Brooch - TR Era?  

Silver Swastika Brooch - TR Era?  

?

Any backing image of the broche in the Hüsken book? I first thought of the Dutch "Heemkunst" selection but the pins do not match.

?

Quote by Vocht View Post
    Any backing image of the broche in the Hüsken book? I first thought of the Dutch "Heemkunst" selection but the pins do not match.
    No unfortunately not. There are similar brooches associated with the Deutsche Jugendgemeinschaft but the swastika design is different
    Regards, Al

Quote by Reinhard2 View Post
    It's an original sympathizers brooch.
    Quote by Aldo View Post
    In the Hüsken book this type is listed as a sympathizer brooch as Reinhard2 stated

Attachment 1633711
    Very nice, thank you gents! I was perfectly pleased with the piece, even though I kind of assumed I would never find out much information on it. This makes it all the more interesting. Thanks again taking the time to comment and post in the thread - what a great bunch we have here.

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    But DFs Badge looks much better than the one shown in Huskens Book. Much better worked out in the details.
    It is true - the brooch I posted is very detailed and seems well made, but is devoid of any markings. It does appear near identical in design to the one on the book though... maybe a general design was followed and executed, sometimes in better quality, by different manufacturers?

Quote by DerFunker View Post
    It is true - the brooch I posted is very detailed and seems well made, but is devoid of any markings. It does appear near identical in design to the one on the book though... maybe a general design was followed and executed, sometimes in better quality, by different manufacturers?
    Yes, that could be an explanation for that. These general designs existed for many types of badges in the TR. It is also often found on event badges, where the same design was used but the lettering was different each time. And of course there will have been different manufacturers here too, who might have produced different quality products.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2