Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stein

Article about: This almost looks a little too hokey/modern to me, but you never know. I assume this is for a specific unit? Collectability? Value?? Opinions sought. Thanks!

Default Stein

This almost looks a little too hokey/modern to me, but you never know.

I assume this is for a specific unit? Collectability? Value??

Opinions sought. Thanks!

SteinSteinSteinSteinStein

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stein
    P
    Many

Well, it's a genuine half Liter Krug, a ceramic bier mug. The 17. (E) Komp. is erzatz Kompanie, which is the 17th replacement company, and the I. R. is probably 42. Infantry Regiment. I don't recognize the the last word, but if you can post a straight-on photo of the last word I might be able to read it. The font used is a Fraktur, which is what one would expect. I don't know if the K S is the maker's signature or not. All-in-all it looks good to me. Dwight

forgot to add that the script, Handmalerei, means hand painted. Dwight

Thanks Dwight. I think the last word is Hof based on a German script alphabet I looked at.

Any idea what these are worth? This one is at auction and I don't want to go wild on it if it's not that collectable.

I would not pay more than $100 IMHO, only if deemed original.
    John
    Last edited by Rescue190; 02-25-2021 at 01:29 AM.

Wait for one of the "Steiny Boys" to show up to assist .... MAP I'm looking in your direction (though he does the WW1 Steins)
    Z

I would guess about $25 max, but Paddydoo is right, let's wait for someone who knows about these things to weigh-in. Dwight

MAP
    ?

Quote by PaddyD00 View Post
    Wait for one of the "Steiny Boys" to show up to assist .... MAP I'm looking in your direction (though he does the WW1 Steins)
    Z
    Quote by drmessimer View Post
    I would guess about $25 max, but Paddydoo is right, let's wait for someone who knows about these things to weigh-in. Dwight
    Not my area LoL! I received an intensive education in WW1 steins a little while ago from some very knowledgeable collectors of this field. But WW2? I'm clueless. Different era with totally different attributes to look at.

That said, if you can get it real cheap, it would be worth the gamble as well as functional to keep your Bier nice and cold on a hot summer day.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

This is very likely a fake. The "Hof" steins are a known series of reproductions. I wouldn't call myself an authority, but I have been told by several stein collectors to stay away from the Hof examples.

sfk20, That's good information. Gotta give the maker credit for labeling his product as a reproduction. Dwight

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast