Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Swastika Pin - Biker-Fantasy piece ?

Article about: Hello all....nothing fancy here and I suspect it is just a fantasy piece but I have had this for a while, just found it again today and thought I would post for input and comments.... I've h

Default Swastika Pin - Biker-Fantasy piece ?

Hello all....nothing fancy here and I suspect it is just a fantasy piece but I have had this for a while, just found it again today and thought I would post for input and comments....

I've had this since ~ 1974 and it came from a bag of assorted patches, coins etc that my dad had....I always thought it was a post war piece but hey you never know....the one thing that strikes me as "non-german" is the sterling mark

any input into this piece would be appreciated....it does appear to be constructed well and has a nice pin and catch on it

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swastika Pin - Biker-Fantasy piece ?
    P
    Many

?

The Swastika as you may or may not know was once considered a good luck symbol and ancient religious icon in the cultures of Eurasia. It is used as a symbol of divinity and spirituality in Indian religions, including Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism, all good things come to an end in the 30's as the rise of Hitler and Nazi's..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swastika Pin - Biker-Fantasy piece ?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Swastika Pin - Biker-Fantasy piece ?  Swastika Pin - Biker-Fantasy piece ? 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

It would be pre war, American made.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    It would be pre war, American made.

Cheers, Ade.
    As G said the swas has long been a symbol of good fortune in many Asian cultures. It is still used extensively at celebrations such as weddings in India at least. Before the Nazis hi-jacked it it was taken up in Europe and used in everything from souvenirs, keepsakes, place names, the famous Carlsberg brewery, product and business livery, charms on buildings to jewellery in much the same way as patron saints were represented.
    In UK it is not uncommon to find something such as a Victorian brass trivet for a teapot with a large swastika in the centre being sold as "Nazi" ephemera.

Swastika Pin - Biker-Fantasy piece ?Swastika Pin - Biker-Fantasy piece ?Swastika Pin - Biker-Fantasy piece ?Swastika Pin - Biker-Fantasy piece ?Swastika Pin - Biker-Fantasy piece ?Swastika Pin - Biker-Fantasy piece ?Swastika Pin - Biker-Fantasy piece ?Swastika Pin - Biker-Fantasy piece ?Swastika Pin - Biker-Fantasy piece ?

Still an interesting piece albeit nothing to do with the TR or the war.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Just a quick update on this piece......talked to my Dad and he is pretty sure it belonged to his uncle who was a Freemason......I also have his belt buckle
    "Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life" - Herbert Henry Asqulth