Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

tankard for : hauptverband der estnischen berufsgruppen

Article about: hello friends, a friend asked me to verify the authenticity of this item which he recently acquired, could it be an original item? thank you in advance for the comments

?

Default tankard for : hauptverband der estnischen berufsgruppen

hello friends, a friend asked me to verify the authenticity of this item which he recently acquired, could it be an original item? thank you in advance for the comments tankard for : hauptverband der estnischen berufsgruppentankard for : hauptverband der estnischen berufsgruppentankard for : hauptverband der estnischen berufsgruppentankard for : hauptverband der estnischen berufsgruppentankard for : hauptverband der estnischen berufsgruppentankard for : hauptverband der estnischen berufsgruppentankard for : hauptverband der estnischen berufsgruppentankard for : hauptverband der estnischen berufsgruppentankard for : hauptverband der estnischen berufsgruppen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement tankard for : hauptverband der estnischen berufsgruppen
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Items like these without full provenance are always a leap of faith.
    I can tell you the inscription is hand done while modern fakes are often laser engraved, but older fakes where hand done.
    It will always be the question of, was it done Pre-45.

?

CBH thanks for your answer

?

never seen anyhting like it , is there any back story behind it's purchase ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

paul D. hi Paul there is no story behind the subject, a friend got it at the flea market.

Kekel: the writing on the lid translates to, Main Association of the Estonian Professional Group, October 1942. I appears to have been a professionals organization established by the Germans during the occupation of Estonia, but I have no idea as to its purpose. I think the cup is original because it does not seem to me to be the sort of thing that would be worth the effort to counterfeit, especially given the detailed engraving. I did find a collection of documents, some of which relate to the organization, on German Google that can be accessed by searching Hauptverband der Estnischen Berufungsgruppen, Oktober 1942. I hope this helps. Dwight

?

thank you very much drmessimer!