Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Third Reich Cuff Links?

Article about: I recently got these pieces in with other good German militaria from the third Reich period. As they were a pair I thought they could be cuff links. They rotate in the centre and are made fr

Default Third Reich Cuff Links?

I recently got these pieces in with other good German militaria from the third Reich period. As they were a pair I thought they could be cuff links. They rotate in the centre and are made from pressed nickle. The detail is very sharp, the discs are 14.5mm. Has anyone ever come across any of these, I would appreciate any help.Third Reich Cuff Links?Third Reich Cuff Links?Third Reich Cuff Links?Third Reich Cuff Links?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Third Reich Cuff Links?
    P
    Many

John, those are an interesting item. I agree that they appear to be cufflinks, but I have never seen a 2-sided pair made the way yours are. What is the relatively large piece in the center of the bar? I am also curious about your description of them a being "pressed nickel." Nickel is usually used for plating. Those are certainly worthy of discussion.
    The only other swastika motif I have seen is on a set of cufflinks that Mussolini reportedly gifted to Hitler. I say reportedly given because they look rather clunky to me and not particularly well made. Here is a photo of them.
    Third Reich Cuff Links?
    These were sold at auction in the UK a couple of years ago. I hope you draw some more replies. Dwight

Thank you for the reply Dwight, it's good to find any information on this subject as there does not seem to be much on the net or any other sources for that matter. If I come across further details I will add to the post also.

The ONLY thing I could add John is that double sided means both hakenkreuz can be seen and the section in the centre would fit between the cuffs.
    ( this is obvious I know but just points to them being a high end accoutrement IMO. )

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

This is exactly how they work and I agree probably high end looking at the manufacture of them.

The texturing around the swastika appears to me to be divots, I would expect originals would be raised "bumps".
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)