Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Third reich nazi paramilitary pewter souvenir plate from nürnberg - die stadt der reichsparteitage

Article about: Latest addition from local pawn shop hope you like "This is a wartime original 8 inch (200 mm) pewter souvenir plate from the City of Reichs Party Days - Nürnberg. It is one of at least

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Not to be intrusive to a semi-private argument (heaven forbid), but were'nt these plates made over a period of several years? The Nuremberg Rallies were held from 1933 to 1938, Since these plates are undated and were "one of at least two Very Similar plates that attendees to the Nuremberg Rallies could buy and take home as their personal souvenir of the greatest annual get-together in Germany in Nazi times.", why is it unthinkable that there would not be small manufacturing and minor design detail changes over the years and between the various makers?
    That's totally right . Just like iron crosses and German daggers , belt buckles , you will see minor differences in manafactures

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Third reich nazi paramilitary  pewter souvenir plate from  nürnberg - die stadt der reichsparteitage
    P
    Many

I recall seeing a couple of theseback in the early 1960's. They were slightly different in design and of the quality of the piece that started this thread. I have no doubt it is a genuine souvenir piece from a Reichsparteitag.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

No doubt the plate is real and I have also never seen a fake one. As far as these souvenir pieces being up to RZM standards, not so due to them not being under official RZM authority but privately made to sell to the public when at the rally.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5