Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unusual Wedding casket with coat of arms. Please help me with Identification!

Article about: Good morning! Yesterday I bougt this casket from a small antiques shop in northern Germany. It's construction seems identical to the SS Mein Kampf Wedding casket, Just the front shows differ

?

There are several thread on this type of subject, have a look around using the search engine..
    SS Wedding Presentation Copy of Mein Kampf
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual Wedding casket with coat of arms. Please help me with Identification!
    P
    Many

Thanks!
    I've already clicked through every Thread about the Wedding casket.
    My Box seems to be a relatively unique Item
    As soon as i'm Home I'll supply you with some exact measurements of the casket!

The Wedding edition of Mein Kampf wouldt fit my casket perfectly .
    The box measures 20,5cm (8,07")x14,5cm (5,71").
    So there is just enough room to take out the book properly!
    If anyone has ever seen a similar MK casket please feel free to post a reply.
    Any other opinions highly Welcome!
    Thanks to everyone who shared his knowledge so far!

Thats a Picture from the thirdreicharts shop, where you can See how the book should fit the box.
    The size of the book given on page 1 and my measurments from above seem to match the Gap size from the Picture below perfectly!
    Unusual Wedding casket with coat of arms. Please help me with Identification!

Any ideas on what occasion this box was bought or given to someone?
    Are there more known caskets with something different than the SS runes on them?
    I was not able to find anything that matches even closely.
    Feel free to post your opinions! Thank you!
    Greetings from northern Germany!

JMM
    ?

Had never seen this before.
    Also did not find any casket like this one on the web but found two descriptions (SS runes box) from past auctions with measurements (The Salesrrom and ICollector)

The Salesroom:

A German Third Reich carved oak wedding casket originally containing a copy of Hitler's Mein Kampf, of rectangular section, the projecting lid on panelled construction centred by SS runes within a moulded frame, the latter bearing a hagall-rune, swastika and fruiting oak devices on a chip-carved ground, 25 cm x 19 cm x 7 cm high

ICollector:

PRESENTATION SS "MEIN KAMPF" HAND-CARVED BOX
    Hand-carved oak box bearing "SS" runes upon the top lid which are surrounded by oak leaves, another runic symbol, and a swastika, the lid 7 1/2" x 10" resting upon its matching 8 1/4" x 6" x 2 1/2" box. This box has been expertly constructed with perfectly mitered joints and fitted panels, and has been finished in a brown varnish. Many believe that these boxes were used in SS wedding ceremonies to act as "casks" holding copies of Hitler's "Mein Kampf", with the entire presentation being given to the couple being married. Others speculate that these boxes were used by SS administrators or officers performing the ceremonies

Thank you very much! The measurments seem to be taken from the outer Corners. I'll compair these to mine and give you an updated as soon as i'm home!

I've had one of the standard SS MK caskets since way back ................. around 1985.

Your casket is definitely re-worked from an SS one.

The armorial reminds me of this 1942 Weimar family plate in my collection ...................
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual Wedding casket with coat of arms. Please help me with Identification!  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2