MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Who recognizes this "reichadler"

Article about: Hi all, I have following german metal object. What it might be, flag pole top, desktop stand? I suppose it has been attached into something..?

?

Default Who recognizes this "reichadler"

Hi all, I have following german metal object. What it might be, flag pole top, desktop stand? I suppose it has been attached into something..?

Who recognizes this "reichadler"Who recognizes this "reichadler"Who recognizes this "reichadler"Who recognizes this "reichadler"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Who recognizes this "reichadler"
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome Antsa,

Hopefully someone with some more experience with these will be around shortly.

I have never see anything like this before myself and see no attachment points to mount it on anything.

I will also say that to my untrained eyes, it looks like a casting with weak details.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks for reply MAP.
    Yes it's casted. Material might be tin or alpaca? Weight 118 grams.
    For my eyes eagle is very detailed, compared to other reichadlers..? And one more interesting detail; eagle is looking almost straight ahead, not to right or to left. Ok, maybe this eagle is looking a little bit to the left..

Not one I would be comfortable owning.
    Too many casting flaws.
    There are details I don't like, the tail sticking straight out the rear, wings are attached far too low on the body, they should attach at the shoulders.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

CBH
    ?

Looks like a clock finial eagle was used to cast a Fake nazi eagle, see the tail is flat and the swastika is crudely mounted and sloppy.

Hi Antsa,

Welcome to the best forum of the type bar none!

You are certainly the right place to find answers and friendly advice / assistance.

However, I totally agree with those posts above and say that this is a fake fantasy piece but I would add emphasis and say that it is a really bad fake. The configuration is wrong but the quality of the casting is dreadful. Something of this kind would indeed be cast but to a very much higher standard.

Compare it to known period items (not just TR or even militaria) and you will soon be amazed at the difference.

I do hope you didn't pay much for it and can perhaps get your money back if you did because it is not even suitable as background decoration.

We have all picked up rubbish over the years but the trick is not to do the same thing again.

Stick at it here and you will enjoy learning as we all do and have fun in the process

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."