Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

579 documents related to Gebirgs-Jäger-Regiment 206 found in a ventilation shaft in Hanko S. Finland

Article about: Hi guys, As part of the Modern Conflict Archaeology research for my PhD "Deutsches Lager Hanko 1942 - The Modern Conflict Archaeology and History of a Second World War Transition Camp i

Jan
    ?

One more question regarding the "Divisions-Kampfschule". does any of you know if there was a german military training area in the town of Hämeenlinna area during the 1941-1944 time period?

Best,

Jan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 579 documents related to Gebirgs-Jäger-Regiment 206 found in a ventilation shaft in Hanko S. Finland
    P
    Many

Hi Jan.

I have had a search and found this picture of a Finnish soldier and War dog "Tuija" at Hämeenlinna training center, but I can't find a German connection at this point.

579 documents related to Gebirgs-Jäger-Regiment 206 found in a ventilation shaft in Hanko S. Finland

Post #486 -
    Continuation War, day by day. - Page 3 - SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

Kind regards,

Will.

There are German soldier photos in SA-kuvat, 13.9.1943 with Texts about "german NCO-school and combatschool graduation ceremony".
    And "Arranged forest-combat courses" for the germans in Parola, existing Finnish army training grounds.
    There existed Finnish "Taistelukoulu" = Combat school unit in Hämeenlinna. It existed since 1920-ties.

Use search word "Hämeenlinna" and around pages 33-38 you find German soldiers in Hämeenlinna
    SA - kuvagalleria

sample photos
    Middle ss guy has School insignias in shoulder, and notice "Der Führer" armband.

"On September 3, 1943, from the combat exercise in the terrain near Hämeenlinna, which was organized by the non-commissioned officer and combat school operating in Hämeenlinna. After the battle demonstration, General Erfurth giving a speech to Finnish and German officers."
    Coulourful unit participaters, only Navy soldiers are missing. Other photos had Luftwaffe NCO's in them.

But my personal favourite find is this Finnish second-lieutenant guys badge
    "3. WinterKrieg Lehre" brotherhood-in-arms badge.
    Winter combat course which was arranged 15.11--16.12.1942 and it had 200 participants from Germany and Hungary.

Corresponding course for the germans was "Forest-combat course" which was arranged in Hämeenlinna 10.7.--31.7.1943. It had 47 german participants.

Jan
    ?

Thank you so much Verikauha. Now I think I have got it, it seems like some conflict archaeology fieldwork will be coming up in 2024

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 579 documents related to Gebirgs-Jäger-Regiment 206 found in a ventilation shaft in Hanko S. Finland  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2