MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Amber Room on SS Karlruhe :-)

Article about: Another "Nazi Gold Train"? Certainly not the first time someone has claimed they know where it is. And probably not the last. Polish divers hope Nazi shipwreck holds key to Amber R

MAP
    ?

Default The Amber Room on SS Karlruhe :-)

Another "Nazi Gold Train"?

Certainly not the first time someone has claimed they know where it is. And probably not the last.

Polish divers hope Nazi shipwreck holds key to Amber Room treasure | Reuters
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Amber Room on SS Karlruhe :-)
    P
    Many

?

That will be interesting to follow.
    Thanks.
    Semper
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Lots of theories over the years on where it is or what happened to it. Bombing raid, sunk on a ship, buried somewhere or even accidentally destroyed by the Russians when some soldiers burned down part of the castle it was supposed to be housed in.

Let's see where this goes....At least this hunt has isn't hyped like the "gold train".....yet

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It will definitely be interesting to follow this story, but I'm not going to put my hopes up that they'll find anything on it. Seems so likely it was destroyed between the fast removal process, fire bombing, and the artillery bombardment of Königsberg castle. Would love to be wrong though, there's so much art still missing which was looted that needs to be found.
    Last edited by Politefaun; 10-16-2020 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Grammar

Thanks Map very interesting. Last I heard it was stored in a building that was firebombed before the end of the war.

Probably like the "Knights Templar Treasure" on Oak Island, Nova Scotia - that's consumed millions of hours and dollars and 200 years on, they have found nothing!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Thanks Map very interesting. Last I heard it was stored in a building that was firebombed before the end of the war.
    Yes...that is one of the prevailing theories and probably the most likely. But we will see..............

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Probably like the "Knights Templar Treasure" on Oak Island, Nova Scotia - that's consumed millions of hours and dollars and 200 years on, they have found nothing!
    Still one of my favorite shows (from an entertainment perspective). The "treasure" is probably long gone, but you have to admit, what they have uncovered clearly shows that someone went to great lengths to hide something there at one point.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Still one of my favorite shows (from an entertainment perspective). The "treasure" is probably long gone, but you have to admit, what they have uncovered clearly shows that someone went to great lengths to hide something there at one point.
    I agree
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Admit I let myself get hooked on "Oak Island" Guess another season starts next month. Often wondered how much is being spent on that venture! Guess those Lagina brothers are wealthy anyway owning wine vineyards in California. Yes does sound like something was there at one time. Usually find an old coin anyone could have dropped over the last 500 years. I watch mainly for the entertainment myself.

MAP
    ?

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Admit I let myself get hooked on "Oak Island" Guess another season starts next month. Often wondered how much is being spent on that venture! Guess those Lagina brothers are wealthy anyway owning wine vineyards in California. Yes does sound like something was there at one time. Usually find an old coin anyone could have dropped over the last 500 years. I watch mainly for the entertainment myself.
    When you find structures 200 feet below the ground carbon dated, complex box drain tunnels, and the man made stuff in the swamp, etc. etc. etc.... The amount of work done to create this stuff (when?) is just amazing considering the limited technology. But it is there. So that part is no hoax.

Something was there at one time. What? Who knows? And certainly long gone.

That said...all the "theories" they present (like Templar treasures) is entertaining but just that... entertainment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast