Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Forests, wood and bunkers.

Article about: Hello friends. Today I am going to start a shot thread that I have called "Forests, wood and bunkers". I intend to give a perspective on the territory that the German soldiers foun

Just anticipate that the next one will be about horses and carts. I hope you like my photography collection on the subject and the narration.

TABSTABS collection

Mein Pferd - My horse. My favorite photograph from my collection of soldiers and horses.

Best regards.

Santi

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Forests, wood and bunkers.
    P
    Many

I´m looking forward to seeing them! These pictures give us a glance into the view of the soldiers themself, and that is a really interesting perspective to see, as most documentations only cover the broader scale of the war, and not of the perspective of common soldier.

I have no idea if someone here has knowledge about that, but do photos like these exist from the soviet perspective? I havent seen any, and i dont know if this is by lack of interest or material.
    It would be really interesting to compare the pictures of the same timeframe, but on different sides of the war.

TWS
    ?

Quote by Adravor View Post

I have no idea if someone here has knowledge about that, but do photos like these exist from the soviet perspective? I havent seen any, and i dont know if this is by lack of interest or material.
    It would be really interesting to compare the pictures of the same timeframe, but on different sides of the war.
    Much, much more rare. Private camera ownership in the Red Army was a fraction of that of the German Wehrmacht.
    Most Soviet photos are from their war correspondents and so even a lot of the "casual" shots are staged.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Thanks for the answer, i thought it might be something like that, but now i have it confirmed! Sad, i would have loved to see the other perspective.

TWS
    ?

Quote by TABSTABS1964 View Post
    Just anticipate that the next one will be about horses and carts. I hope you like my photography collection on the subject and the narration.

Santi
    Good subject. I have a photo album of a soldier who was at the riding school at Soest and also an album from a veterinarian. If I'm not too lazy, I'll be able to contribute to such a thread.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Hi Adravor.
    Todd has given you the exact explanation for your question. As the post ended with the images of the execution of a group of partisans. The answer to your question can be found in this photo of the hanging of two partisans in the city of Orel.

Try to count how many cameras the German soldiers who are witnessing the execution carry....

I see five.....
    Last edited by TabsTabs1964; 06-03-2020 at 07:30 PM.

Absolutely fantastic thread, thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Never realised that soldiers had to live like that for such an extended period of time. Like one of the others said, when the corona virus thing is over, I might start looking for albums of photos, you never know what might turn up.

Default Introduction to a new thread

Last March our friend Todd uploaded a thread called. "Paul von Hase - Operation Valkyrie", in the Forum section: Photos - Papers - Propaganda of the Third Reich.
    There I uploaded some photos of my son Alex on his visit to Berlin in 2018.
    But it also gave me the idea to translate a little article I wrote a couple of years ago into English.
    The idea arose because the character I will tell you about is a nephew Todd told us about in his thread.
    For weeks I have been wondering in which section of the Forum to publish it, I thought about doing it in "History & Research III Reich", because this man served and fought in the Wehrmacht. But it does not seem entirely appropriate to me, because his role in history is for having loyally served the government of the German Federal Republic and the Bundeswehr. So I thought about doing it in the "Bundeswehr" subforum but it is intended more for uniforms ...
    In addition, we wrote him a letter and received a reply, because he is alive. He is 102 years old.
    With this clarification, I have finally decided to publish it today in the Forum section "History & Research III Reich".
    It is a story that was very interesting to me and with two other small related stories, although one of them was told by Todd in March.
    I hope you like it. I close here and I'm going to open the new thread, right now.
    The work is titled "A Knight's Cross next to Queen Elizabeth"

Cheers
    Santi.

Postscript: Horses will have to wait a couple of weeks.

Quote by thecyclist64 View Post
    . Never realised that soldiers had to live like that for such an extended period of time. .
    Wow! Really!!

That is a magnificent collection and a terrific thread. Thanks for posting all those photos with captions. Well done!!! Dwight

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast