Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gruppenschule Donau clock.Signature expert req.

Article about: Can't find too much on SA Gruppenschule Donau other than i believe it was in an Austrian castle. Very faint signature on reverse any help appreciated.

?

Default Gruppenschule Donau clock.Signature expert req.

Can't find too much on SA Gruppenschule Donau other than i believe it was in an Austrian castle.
    Very faint signature on reverse any help appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gruppenschule Donau clock.Signature expert req.   Gruppenschule Donau clock.Signature expert req.  

Gruppenschule Donau clock.Signature expert req.   Gruppenschule Donau clock.Signature expert req.  

Gruppenschule Donau clock.Signature expert req.   Gruppenschule Donau clock.Signature expert req.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gruppenschule Donau clock.Signature expert req.
    P
    Many

?

The SA Gruppenschule Donau was in operation at Stuppach Castle in Gloggnitz from 1938-1944.

Schloss Stuppach – Wikipedia

In this region you could also find SA-Standarte 84 Wien known as Gruppe “Donau”. Hermann Reschny was SA-Obergruppenführer und Führer of SA-Gruppe Donau in 1938. He was an SA member since 1921 and a NSDAP member since 1926. Convicted by the Austrian Peoples’s Court in accordance to the War Crimes Act, he spent 16 years in prison.

?

Thanks for that info Witt,i looked and found next to nothing.What is the final number in the date you think?Guessing it would have to 38 or above.
    Signature is interesting but can't make it out.Could be the clock winder.

?

I adjusted the properties of the image but could not get it cleaned up enough to read any of the handwriting on the back. I will unconfidently say it is 1939. It looks like it could even be a full date, 21.IX.1939, possibly. If only it was engraved instead of using ink.