Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler "What we have, that we firmly hold" propaganda postcard?

Article about: Ten years ago I uploaded to the web this found "mildly obscene" Hitler propaganda image and now cannot find my original source files or notes. The heading I believe is roughy: &quo

Default Hitler "What we have, that we firmly hold" propaganda postcard?

Ten years ago I uploaded to the web this found "mildly obscene" Hitler propaganda image and now cannot find my original source files or notes.

The heading I believe is roughy: "What we have, that we firmly hold - Adolf Hitler"

Hitler  "What we have, that we firmly hold" propaganda postcard?

From memory I believe it was supposed to be a British propaganda postcard dropped over Germany by the RAF but can find no reference other than my original image file now posted on a few other websites and one photo copy in the Polish National archive (NAC) under Archiwum Fotograficznego Czesława Datki (see attached NAC archive reference below).

Hitler  "What we have, that we firmly hold" propaganda postcard?

Does anyone have any more information that would confirm it was a] actually created by the British b] by what department and c] was it actually dropped over Germany?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler  "What we have, that we firmly hold" propaganda postcard?
    P
    Many

Some info about the postcard on here The Vilification of Enemy Leadership in WWII you have to scroll down a fair bit!...

Mein Gott.

Mildly obscene is an understatement. It does however show the differences in cultures, what others find funny and what would shock others.

Life is too short to be offended by a greyscale superimposed penis.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Life is too short to be offended by a greyscale superimposed penis.
    You have been examining this far too closely for comfort Andrew......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Feuerbach View Post
    Mildly obscene is an understatement. It does however show the differences in cultures, what others find funny and what would shock others.
    If this is a genuine propaganda piece I guess it was meant for German soldier's rather than the civilian population who would probably have found this more shocking than any soldier would.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Some info about the postcard on here The Vilification of Enemy Leadership in WWII you have to scroll down a fair bit!...
    Many thanks sir, for the link

Quote by StefanM View Post
    Many thanks sir, for the link
    Glad to help!....