Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Information about Heeres-Betreeungs-Kompanie 64

Article about: Hi guys, I´m currently researching a German "Baracke" as part of my PhD about the archaeology and history of German Second World War transition camp in Hanko S. Finland. The crumb

Jan
    ?

Default Information about Heeres-Betreeungs-Kompanie 64

Hi guys,

I´m currently researching a German "Baracke" as part of my PhD about the archaeology and history of German Second World War transition camp in Hanko S. Finland.

The crumbling building was assigned to "Heeres-Betreeungs-Kompanie 64" and I thought I´d ask for your assistance with info on this unit starting with how you would describe it´s role as part of the German Heer.

All help with information on this unit is welcome and very much appreciated.

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Information about Heeres-Betreeungs-Kompanie 64  
    Last edited by Jan; 11-07-2022 at 02:24 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Information about Heeres-Betreeungs-Kompanie 64
    P
    Many

I think that Heeres Betreeungs Kompanien came under the direction of the Ordnungspolitzei and were composed of those soldiers who had been disciplined, so part of the punishment units. I haven't got anything specifically on Heeres Betreeungs Komp 64 apart from a reference to it being used with Eisenbahn units, security for rail traffic.

Hi Jan.

I found a little bit of information and BlackCat is right about them being linked to the Eisenbahn.

Organisation der Streifendienste -

- Heeres-Betreuungs-Abteilungen 1-13
    - Heeres-Betreuungs-Kompanien 14-17, 51-72 (Eisenbahn), 101-106 (mot.), 201-210 (Eisenb.)

Lexikon der Wehrmacht - Ordungstruppen

Kind regards,

Will.

Jan
    ?

Thank you both for the info that they were part of the "Heeres- und Wehrmachts-Streifendienste" and specifically involved in duties connected with rail traffic. The location of the "Baracke" just at the end of the railroad that led to the camp supports this very nicely.

I wish I could somehow get into some digital archive to find out more about this unit but seems that the only way to get to the archives is to travel to the military archives in Freiburg Germany.

Best, Jan

I'm not sure how Heeres Betreeungs Kompanie 64 would fit into the command structure but it appears it was from higher up rather than being subordinated to a Politzei Bataillon.

Jan
    ?

Thank you BC I think so too. Let´s see if something else that would support our thoughts turns up. Below a few finds from the dumpsite close to their "Baracke".

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Information about Heeres-Betreeungs-Kompanie 64   Information about Heeres-Betreeungs-Kompanie 64  

Information about Heeres-Betreeungs-Kompanie 64   Information about Heeres-Betreeungs-Kompanie 64  

Information about Heeres-Betreeungs-Kompanie 64   Information about Heeres-Betreeungs-Kompanie 64  

Would be nice if any EKM turn up during your searches. Keep us posted.