Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Karl Pfaff U-234

Article about: As a Christmas gift, I received this photo autographed by Karl Pfaff, second in command of U-234. This U-boat was en route to Japan to deliver advanced German technology as well as uranium o

terry b
    ?

Default Re: Karl Pfaff U-234

Karl retired here in Belingham Wa I own a carpet cleaning business here called Fjord King carpet care I met Karl and his wife around the year 2000
    He called me and said with his accent " I know you Norwegians do very good work" Karl was a kind and gentle fellow. and quite tall too. for a U boat.

He would not talk to much to anyone about WW2 but he shared many stories with me. Karl asked me once " Terry you know those fjords in Norway " yes " very bad for U boats " The way you go in you have to go out. He had a very good sense of humor.

I feel glad to have known Karl he was a walking talking history book.

I found this web site by accident I was talking to a friend about U 234 glad I did

2. # ADS

Default Re: Karl Pfaff U-234

Terry: Thank you for the info!

Luke

I am interested in any information you have about the U-234. My father was a torpedoman for the US Barbero 317 who was part of the prize crew who boarded the U-234 from the Sutton. He helped sail her to Portsmouth Naval Base, NH in May 1945. The names of the 15 sailors that boarded the U-234 after her surrender to the Sutton have never been released to the public.

Did you board the U-234 in Portsmouth or earlier to disarm the booby traps. Did you see the 10 barrels of uranium oxide? Were they kept in the torpedo bay?

My dad also told me that the accounts of what happened to the U-234 were not accurate.

Do you have any other stories about the U-234?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2