Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

A Knight's Cross next to Queen Elizabeth

Article about: Karl-Günther von Hase, next to the Queen Elisabeth II of England, in 1972 1. CHILDHOOD AND YOUTH. Karl-Günther von Hase was born during the First World War, on December 15, 1917 in, Gut Wa

?

What an excellent historical thread , many years ago i wrote to Karl-Günther von Hase for a signed photo and info re the award of his RKT but i had no idea about his family history and post war career , many thanks for posting . We could do with more well researched historical threads like this on the forum
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Knight's Cross next to Queen Elizabeth
    P
    Many

R.I.P. May 9, 2021

A great man who worked for his country and who believed to the end in a united Europe and with Great Britain. Good ambassador and effective official

A long life too!
    Thanks Santi .....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

TWS
    ?

Great thread Santi!

If I may make a small contribution from my collection. Original signature of his uncle, Paul von Hase, previously mentioned in the thread.

Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Although constitutionally the Bundespräsident is the Head of State of Germany, his role is almost unknown to both Germans and others.
    As we all know or have known is the successive heads of government or federal chancellors or BundesKanzler of Germany.

This thread was dedicated to Karl Günter von Hasse, whose photo in his time as German ambassador in London and the fact that he appeared portrayed, together with Queen Elizabeth II, with the Miniature of his Knight's Cross allowed me to tell the life of such a unique character. (recently passed away at 103 y.o.)

Queen Elizabeth II, Ambassador Karl-Gunter von Hasee and the Bundespräsident Gustav Heinemann

Well, that image was taken in 1972, at the embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in London, at the banquet of honor on the occasion of the visit to the United Kingdom of the Bundespräisent Gustav Heinemann (1969-1974).

This other photo is taken in the same place that day and we can see some splendid Queen Elizabeth II and Duke of Edinburgh (note that the curtain is the same as the photos with the president and the German ambassador)

Although I have found at least five images of Queen Elizabeth II with different presidents of Germany, I have decided to publish only a series of images of the Queen with Federal Chancellors, all of whom are familiar characters to history buffs.

I think that all of them portray different moments in the history of the 20th century and what we have been up to in the 21st century.

See all this as a modest homage and tribute to a gigantic figure in History: Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom, precisely on the day that she will be buried.

All my respect.
    Last edited by TabsTabs1964; 09-18-2022 at 11:23 AM.

With Konrad Adenauer (Bundeskanzler 1949-1963)

With Ludwig Erhard, in 1965 (Bundeskanzler 1963-1966)

With kurt Georg Kiesinger (Bundeskanzler 1966-1969) GettyImages

With Willy Brandt (Bundeskanzler 1969-1974)

Wih Helmut Schmidt (Bundeskanzler 1974-1982)

Wih Helmut Kohl (Bundeskanzler 1982-1998)

With Gerhard Schröder (Bundeskanzler 1992-2005)

With Angela Merkel Schröder (Bundeskanzlerin 2005-2022)

BundesKanzler Scholz writes in the book of condolences at the UK embassy in Berlin

As we all know, Queen Elizabeth II was the great-great-granddaughter of Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom and her beloved husband, Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg Gotha, which is the current ruling house of the United Kingdom, although in 1917 its name was changed to the Royal House of Windsor.

Despite the two wars that confronted them and despite the sea that geographically separates the island from the mainland, her mutual sympathy and admiration has always existed. I imagine that when Queen Elizabeth visited Germany, she was in a sense visiting her cousins...

I would like to finish with two images (The Trooping of the Colour) that represent the history of a great reign....

Regards
    Santi
    Last edited by TabsTabs1964; 09-18-2022 at 12:12 PM.

Absolutely amazing, incredibly researched thread Santi, an incredible read, a man who served his country to the end, thank you
    Regards
    Paul

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4