Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

A little help with Feldpostletters

Article about: Hello friends, As many of you already know I am currently working on my PhD about the history and modern conflict archaeology of a German transition camp in Hanko S. Finland. For my research

Jan
    ?

Default A little help with Feldpostletters

Hello friends,

As many of you already know I am currently working on my PhD about the history and modern conflict archaeology of a German transition camp in Hanko S. Finland.

For my research I´m reading through and translating several Feldpostletters that are associated with finds from the camp and tell the individual stories of German soldiers who passed through the camp between 1942 and 1944.

Transcribing and translating the texts requires much work and I was wondering if anyone on the forum could help with the desciphering of a few of the words in the handwritten letters. Below are photos and transcripts of a few of the letters. I will post them one by one. Help with some of the words in the letter is very much appreciated.

Best,

Jan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A little help with Feldpostletters
    P
    Many

Jan
    ?

The first letter is written by an Oberleutnant in the Gebirgsartillerie. The letter is written in a train and is a little bit "shaky" in the beginning .

Mein Lieber!

Nun schreibe ich wieder auf der Fahrt, entschuldige bitte die dieser kringlende Schrift. Der Urwald Express herkelt nun so hin und her, so dass --- --- --- Räder. Am 12. ten sind vir von unseren letzten Aufenhaltsort abgefahren. Heute abend gegen 19.00 Uhr erreichen wir die Endstation. Ich möchte dort bis einschl. Montag bleiben, da ich am morgen Sontag bei der Heeres-Kleiderkasse nihts erholigen kann. Ich hatte das schreiben auf dem Eisenbahn aufgegeben und sitze jetzt hier in einem sehr netten Offiziersheim.

Mein lieb, ich muss immer an daheim Gedenken an Dich mein Lieber, Lieber Matz. Es ist nun so weh´ --- Herz und im Gedanken seh´ ich dich immer noch auf dem Bahnhof in Bremen steh´n. So --- --- --- Hertz, hoffentlich, hoffentlich darf ich Weihnachten wieder bei Dir sein. Wenn doch diese furchtbare Zeit erst wieder vorbei ist. Wenn ich am Montag hier wegfahre, bin ich bei Mittvoch (18.8.) zu bei meiner Einheit. Da hab ich hoffentlich --- Arbeit und komme schneller über die Zeit hinweg.

Das --- hat sich schon ausgezeichnet ---, ich habe in den Zugen immer ganz gut darauf geschlafen. Mein Lieber Matz, hoffentlich finde ich bereits einer Brief von Dir vor, wenn ich beim Haufen ankomme.

Nun für heute schluss. Ich schreibe morgen wieder. Schlafe gut mein Lieber.

Viele hertzliche Grüsse den Eltern bitte. Sei vielmals gegrüsst und geküsst von

Deinem Gerd”

Please help me with the missing words and correct my spelling if and when necessary.

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A little help with Feldpostletters   A little help with Feldpostletters