Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for information on the 3.E./L.A.H. Replacement company of the SS

Article about: Could anyone provide any information on this specific 3.E./LAH unit?

?

Default Looking for information on the 3.E./L.A.H. Replacement company of the SS

Could anyone provide any information on this specific 3.E./LAH unit?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for information on the 3.E./L.A.H. Replacement company of the SS
    P
    Many

This denotes the 3rd Kompanie Ersatz Bataillon, Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler.

?

Do you know any info on their movement, or info such as were they a panzer or mg unit? Or any events this unit was a part of? Etc
    I can’t seem to find any info on this specific 3rd Kompanie Battalion online

They were simply the replacement Bataillon for the LAH, based in the Lichterfeld barracks in Berlin. You would need the owners papers to track down which unit he was sent to and where he fought.

?

Thank you. So am I correct, they were an armoured unit, using panzers, mgs etc, along with the rest of the LAH?
    Do you know if there is any known battles this 3rd replacement unit fought?
    Thanks

?

The ersatz battalions were for troops that were between combat units for whatever reason caused them to leave the frontlines. The troops were trained and reassigned to a combat unit. There was no fighting seen by anyone in the ersatz battalions since they were removed from the front, most often back in Germany. He would have been in an armoured unit assuming he was transferred back into the LAH. Like BlackCat said, it would be very difficult to know where any person in question fought without having their documents or having a verbal history.

Hi there.

I am the first to admit that my knowledge of SS units is limited, but maybe some information can be gleaned from this link -

Ersatz-Bataillon LSSAH
    Ersatz-Bataillon LSSAH - Axis History Forum

Kind regards,

Will.

?

Thank you Witt & Willmore, much appreciated . The tag I have was found by Teprice, Czech Republic, if that says anything

?

It looks like the 1st SS Panzer was in Czechoslovakia three different times when this erkennungsmarken was lost/disposed of. The second observation would seem to be the most probable although the others are still possible yet more unlikely. They first rolled into the Sudetenland during the annexation then occupied further east in the country briefly up until the Invasion of Poland. The second time they seemed to stay in Czechoslovakia was after Operation Marita. They reorganized in the Czech briefly before crossing into Poland to assume Operation Barbarossa. In the last year of the war, they fell back to Vienna for its defense after taking part in the failed Operation Spring Awakening. Vienna ultimately fell and at least part of the surviving division headed north back to Berlin. These remainders were part of the Kampfgruppe Mohnke fighting in the ruins of Berlin. I looked up Teplice on the map and saw it is not far off of the line between Vienna and Berlin. The city probably was not far from a main road that they would've taken them back to Berlin. The modern D8 Motorway that is part of the route from Vienna and Berlin, and a crossing between Germany and Czechia also passes not far from Teplice. These are the possibilities I found, yet I would say it was dumped when the owner was put into a regiment/abteilung for the Invasion of Russia.

-Ben

?

Exactly the information I was hoping for. Thank you so much! ⭐️