Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Mathias Schenk - Warsaw Uprising

Article about: Good afternoon folks, I remember reading the following article a few months ago, maybe a year, and happened across it again today and thought I would share it here. It's a short memoir of a

Default Mathias Schenk - Warsaw Uprising

Good afternoon folks,

I remember reading the following article a few months ago, maybe a year, and happened across it again today and thought I would share it here. It's a short memoir of a Belgian Sturmpioneer who served in the Warsaw Uprising, most of it under command of the Dirlewanger Brigade. It was originally written in Polish, so the translation isn't perfect but still easily readable. The content of it is sometimes incredibly gruesome, but for anyone wanting to learn about the uprising and its brutality, this personal account is a good place to start. In my opinion the Warsaw Uprising of 1944 is one of the most heroic, yet dark, moments in European History.

As mentioned in the beginning of the article, a short film was also made on him, but I can't seem to find the full thing anywhere, only a small portion of it on Youtube.
    Anyway, here is the link to the article:
    Warsaw Uprising: My Warsaw Madness

Regards
    Harvey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mathias Schenk - Warsaw Uprising
    P
    Many

Thanks for posting. This report truly fills me with horror, such unimaginable cruelty... war truly brings out the worst in us humans.
    Such reports are from unimaginable significance, how can someone support war and hatred, if he reads these lines?

This should be thought in every school, with every littel detail.

Definitely Adravor, incredibly horrifying details that are often left out the general TV shows on the war, often because they focus only on what was recorded and written down. These personal stories, especially such brutal ones, will go hidden until the veteran or a survivor comes forward.

I think this is the only memoir of a DW man written unless another has been done where the author was a DW man temporarily too. There was one done by Rolf Michaelis but I believe some think that biography to be dubious.