Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Obergeneralarbeitsführer Hans Baumann

Article about: Obergeneralarbeitsführer Hans Baumann New directory thread

?

Default Obergeneralarbeitsführer Hans Baumann

New directory thread
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Obergeneralarbeitsführer Hans Baumann  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Obergeneralarbeitsführer Hans Baumann
    P
    Many

?

Arbeitsgau XXX Bayern-Hochland

Hans Baumann (23 March 1875 †– 5 August 1951)

After elementary school, Baumann attended a humanistic grammar school and joined the Bavarian 1894th Chevaulegers Regiment in 5 as a Fahnenjunker. After the war school, he was promoted to lieutenant in 1896. In 1909 he became Rittmeister and from 1914 to 1916 Squadron Chief. From 1916 to 1918 he was battalion leader in three Bavarian reserve infantry regiments. After the First World War he belonged to the Freikorps Epp until 1920 and on 1 November 1919 he joined the DAP. On 1 January 1920 he was transferred to the resulting NSDAP (membership number 507) and retired from active military service as a major in the same year. From 1920 he worked on a farm in Frohnloh as a farmer.

On 1 December 1930 he joined the newly founded NSDAP (membership number 374,868). From 1932 to 1933 Baumann was a Gaubearbeiter for the voluntary labor service (FAD) in the Gau Munich-Upper Bavaria. In April 1933 he became district leader of the FAD Bayern-Ost. On 5 October 1933 Baumann became Gauarbeitsführer and was also until 31 August 1940 Arbeitsgauführer of the Arbeitsgau XXX Bayern-Hochland (Munich). Later he was Generalarbeitsführer and as Obergeneralarbeitsführer he retired from the Arbeitsdienst on 31 August 1940 and was replaced by Obergeneralarbeitsführer Karl Schmückle formerly of Arbeitsgau XXIII Thuringen

In this photo we see Baumann wearing the Freikorps Epp Ärmelabzeichen on his sleeve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Obergeneralarbeitsführer Hans Baumann   Obergeneralarbeitsführer Hans Baumann  

?

From my photographic archives
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Obergeneralarbeitsführer Hans Baumann   Obergeneralarbeitsführer Hans Baumann