Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish banknotes stamped with nazi WWII Fake?

Article about: good evening all, hope you are all doing fine kindly i want a help concerning these 2 banknotes as i collect banknotes covering the WWII period. are they FAKE? as far as my knowledge everyth

?

Default Polish banknotes stamped with nazi WWII Fake?

good evening all,
    hope you are all doing fine

kindly i want a help concerning these 2 banknotes as i collect banknotes covering the WWII period. are they FAKE?

as far as my knowledge everything stamped with nazi, SS,..etc are fake and only done for profit making

i appreciate any opinion about that.
    thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish banknotes stamped with nazi WWII Fake?   Polish banknotes stamped with nazi WWII Fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polish banknotes stamped with nazi WWII Fake?
    P
    Many

?

I wasn't able to find any pictures of other banknotes like yours with my search. A lot of lagergeld is german money, probably so the Germans could have better control of the currency. There were some Polish banknotes with stamps like these. The stamps make it very suspicious and some are absolute fantasy items with totenkopfs and such, I also don't know why a polish banknote would be stamped with a new value in reichsmarks.

Not 100% sure, I would like to hear other opinions too.

Edit: after some thinking I am leaning towards these being fake. I couldn't find these in wide circulation and the stamp is the same for two different camps so you would think these would be more widespread if real. It also feels a bit odd to stamp the year into those(?). Occupied Poland had banknotes that had no printed reference to Germany anyhow and looked rather normal. I see no reason why they would restamp these again for those camps.

Hello Odziad,

Although not my area of interest the one thing about them that sticks out the 10Zloty Note is marked 10DM, whilst the 20Zloty Note is only worth 2DM ?

Hopefully some one else on the Forum will be able to give you a definitive answer.

Best wishes

Andrzej

These are original banknotes with fake ink stamps. You see these all over the place, especially on online auction sites like eBay. The stamps come in all varieties: SS runes, Totenkopf, the Star of David, swastikas, and they all have one thing in common -- they completely ruin the banknote they've been stamped on. You see them mostly on common German banknotes from the 1920s, but I've seen some fairly rare and desirable notes ruined by this practice.

Concentration camps and ghettos did sometimes make use of currency; the banknotes used in the Theresienstadt ghetto are a good example. Other ghettos used them to, but I can't ever recall seeing notes printed specifically for the Warsaw Ghetto. Perhaps the local Zloty was used inside the ghetto, just as it was outside, but that's just speculation. Hopefully our knowledgeable member Carl sees this thread and can be of some assistance.

B.B.

?

what BrodieBartfast said is totally true... al lthese are fake stamped banknotes and they circulate a lot on ebay and many website
    the thing is that the notes as well as stamps might be original....but combining them as in the picture is FAKE .

a search on google will lead to many articles about this kind of banknotes...
    in poland there were true banknotes used in ghettos ... extremely rare and expensive .they were stamped with polish eagle figure

the photos i attached are not mine..i found them on ebay.. those are the first time i see such shapes ,david star and a year

anyway thank you a lot for all who responded to my question