Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Voronezh - the list of the fallen.

Article about: Hello ! I am looking for a list of fallen German soldiers near Voronezh in 1942 in Russia. Do they exist, or maybe there are photos?

There used to be burial records at each Volksbund cemetery but these only list the names if known. There are no biographies for the fallen. But with some luck and access to fragments like Wehrpass, sterbebild or other ephemera it is sometimes possible to build a picture of these fallen soldiers. As enthusiasts and historians that is the gift that we can give them.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Voronezh - the list of the fallen.
    P
    Many

Hi
    I was browsing the internet and unfortunately I didn't find anything interesting

Hi there.

Here is some information on the German war cemetery of Kursk - Besedino.

The remains of German soldiers will be moved from burials in four neighbouring regions: Voronezh, Bryansk, Tula, and Orel, to a new big cemetery near Kursk.

This German war cemetery of Kursk - Besedino was set up for bringing German war graves from the Second World War of this region together. In 2009, there were 21,105 graves on this war cemetery. At the end there will be more than 40,000 graves.
    Granite stones wear the names of 11,700 soldiers buried in this cemetery. There are also 6,700 names of missing soldiers.

German Military Cemetery Kursk-Besedino -
    German War Cemetery Kursk - Besedino - Besedino - TracesOfWar.com.
    Outside View: Burying World War II dead - UPI.com
    German Military Cemetery Kursk-Besedino, cemetery, Russia, Kurskiy District, German Military Cemetery Kursk-Besedino — Yandex Maps

If you look at this excellent thread started by Santi, posts #53 and #56 show the grave and information of a soldier who is now buried in the Kursk - Besedino cemetary.
    "I once had a comrade". Photos of graves of German soldiers.

Here is some information of the battle of Voronezh -

Battle of Voronezh (1942)
    Battle of Voronezh (1942) - Wikipedia
    https://alchetron.com/Battle-of-Voronezh-(1942)

WWII GERMAN NEWSREEL FIRST BATTLE OF VORONEZH OPERATION BARBAROSSA SUMMER 1942
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6JCqC3WJf0

West Of Voronezh (1942)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtsO__65GFE

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Will.

Hi
    Thank you for the interesting information.
    Cool thing !
    I wonder if these plaques with the names of the fallen in the Kursk War Cemetery have been photographed exactly?
    Do you know how to get a photo of a fallen near Voronezh? Any archives store such information?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2