Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early Soviet Fighter pilot badge

Article about: Ya got me on this one, I can't find ANY comparable. Pretty sure it once had a silver wash. #93? Any help wow that would be great endless hours in research.

Default Early Soviet Fighter pilot badge

Ya got me on this one, I can't find ANY comparable. Pretty sure it once had a silver wash.
    #93?

Any help wow that would be great endless hours in research.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Soviet Fighter pilot badge   Early Soviet Fighter pilot badge  

Early Soviet Fighter pilot badge   Early Soviet Fighter pilot badge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Soviet Fighter pilot badge
    P
    Many

This is early soviet badge of 14th Military Pilots School issued 1936-1938.

Знак «14 военная школа летчиков»

A collectable badge with a nice design

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

A horribly cluttered design, but interesting, nonetheless.
    Nice find.

Quote by Kohima View Post
    A horribly cluttered design, but interesting, nonetheless.
    Nice find.
    Indeed, most of these have a fairly "clumsy" design style but all of them, and there are quite a few so a good collection theme, contain the common symbology of an aircraft superimposed on a pair of wings and including the crossed swords for a combat role and the red star of the regime.

It's a nice collectible item and they are increasing in price but with that the fakes come thick and fast in such quality that they are very very hard to identify which is why my own Soviet collection is pretty much "closed" these days. In most cases I wouldn't try to authenticate one from anything less than professional quality high resolution images that show the tiniest of marks etc. However, from these images that one does look OK.

Thanks for showing and good luck.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."