Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

My trip to Leningrad

Article about: Just got back from a fantastic trip to St Petersburg! I took hundreds of photos of the WW2 museum's, too many to post so here is just a selection: First museum is the Monument and museum to

TWS
    ?

Quote by ollar View Post
    HistoryMan -"what were the local Ruskies like? are they friendly?"

We are friendly to our guests! But are angry between themselves. It is a legacy of prolonged oppression by the political system.You shouldn't be afraid of us.
    I spent a good two weeks in Russia about 17 years ago. Volgograd, Moscow, St. Petersburg. Had really no problems with any of the local population in any of those cities. In fact, some people were very friendly when they found out I was American and wanted to converse with me (if they spoke English because I know about 5 words of Russian). One exception was a tall aggressive female pimp who cornered me in the Moscow subway/pedestrian underpass tunnel one night and yelled in my face "Girls! Do you want girls?", but in hindsight the encounter was actually pretty funny.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My trip to Leningrad
    P
    Many

Quote by TWS View Post
    One exception was a tall aggressive female pimp who cornered me in the Moscow subway/pedestrian underpass tunnel one night and yelled in my face "Girls! Do you want girls?", but in hindsight the encounter was actually pretty funny.
    She couldn't have been much scarier than some of the elderly female museum guards at Catherine Palace and Peterhof Palace.

?

Quote by TWS View Post
    I spent a good two weeks in Russia about 17 years ago. Volgograd, Moscow, St. Petersburg. Had really no problems with any of the local population in any of those cities. In fact, some people were very friendly when they found out I was American and wanted to converse with me (if they spoke English because I know about 5 words of Russian). One exception was a tall aggressive female pimp who cornered me in the Moscow subway/pedestrian underpass tunnel one night and yelled in my face "Girls! Do you want girls?", but in hindsight the encounter was actually pretty funny.
    Did she recognize you as a foreigner? It was a KGB officer!! Then you could be blackmailed!! It's just business

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    She couldn't have been much scarier than some of the elderly female museum guards at Catherine Palace and Peterhof Palace.
    These women are the same age as this Palace.

TWS
    ?

Quote by ollar View Post
    Did she recognize you as a foreigner? It was a KGB officer!! Then you could be blackmailed!! It's just business
    Haha! She knew I was a foreigner because she first said something to me in Russian and when I seemed not to comprehend she said something in a second language. When I still didn't react, she yelled in English at me.
    I know you're joking about her being FSB, but I have little doubt that my In-Tourist guide in Volgograd had to file a report on me.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Dom
    ?

May 2017, cruiser Aurora symbol of the October Revolution

My trip to Leningrad

Dom
    ?

Victory Day

My trip to Leningrad

NKVD watching you